Looking for L owners in Las Vegas Area

SVTinVA

Established Member
wish i could of made it. If gas wasnt so expensive i would of made the trip. I was home in vegas for the 4th, should of tried to do something then. Ill try to get there for the next one.

I'D WIN

Established Member
I wanted to go but I can't get anytime off right now...gotta save it all for Mexico next month.

S/C F-1FITTY

Sin City
Established Member
RatedR said:
Quick question
I believe Dale asked who was going to the drift fest http://d1gp.com/index.asp
this weekend, why not have the next meet there?
Just a thought..... :idea:

hey rueben, thats a good idea, lets see how many people would be down for that?...lets start posting up on sagalv here on out. this topic has 9 pages now...lol Ill send ugly68 a pm to see if we can get our own part of the forum. :beer:. Do you know how much it is to get in and what time this is going on??We could stop somewhere before or after to get a bit to eat if everyone is down for that as well....:)

RatedR

SVT Poster
Established Member
S/C F-1FITTY said:
hey rueben, thats a good idea, lets see how many people would be down for that?...lets start posting up on sagalv here on out. this topic has 9 pages now...lol Ill send ugly68 a pm to see if we can get our own part of the forum. :beer:. Do you know how much it is to get in and what time this is going on??We could stop somewhere before or after to get a bit to eat if everyone is down for that as well....:)

Moved Idea to the other Site. Las Vegas L owners please check in on the www.sagalv.com site for updates/ideas on our next meet, Rowdy can you talk to matt about getting the Lightning part of the form to the first page so our members don't have to search the whole site to find us?

Skoalman

Banned
Looks like Matt is not looking to diversify/segregate or discriminate, He wishes his site/forum to be open to all kinds of automobile enthusiasts and refuses to be partial to any group.

I.E.
Lightnings/Mustangs/IS300's etc..

Just check out the SAGA meets and show up for those, I've been going since before buying my Lightning. Sounds like the local lightning guys are planning on getting a website and club going by themselves anyway, Not a good move in my opinion, - I just Don't want to be labeled and put myself in such a small box when it comes to friends/car enthusiast contacts.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Skoalman said:
Sounds like the local lightning guys are planning on getting a website and club going by themselves anyway, Not a good move in my opinion, - I just Don't want to be labeled and put myself in such a small box when it comes to friends/car enthusiast contacts.

Just because we choose to setup a "Lightning Only" truck club and website doesn't necessarily mean anybody is going astray and cutting off all other contacts/friends. I don't know about you but most of us are here for any and all regardless of ones' vehicle make/model. Setting up a club isn't going to stop me from posting on anothers forum/website/so forth...

I'D WIN

Established Member
Skoalman said:
Was thinking about some club names for the local LV Lightning guys, (Since the Lightning guys don't really fit in a lot of other clubs or crews).
Here's what I have so far:

Thunderstruck

Vegas Lightnings

Lightnings of Sin

Lightning Strikes of LV

Strike Twice

Ground Yourself

Striking LV

LV Strikes

Chew it over, Talk amongst yourselves, And let me know if these are anywhere from retarded to somewhat useful (Or anywhere in-between).

Just trying to provoke a thought process here for those considering consolidating as a group.

It appears here that you were once all for it but now...who knows!

Skoalman

Banned
I drive a Lightning and am making modifications that will keep it reliable for daily driver duty (at least while it has a warranty), Matts simply trying to keep the door open to everybody so i'm walking a fine line here.

I can choose to go with a Lightning only club or simply keep my status as a Car/truck enthusiast, It's hard to be labeled with a club logo when there is so much more out there.

Surely you can see the dilemma i'm in trying to support a local truck club or one that offers a lot more diversity.

I'D WIN

Established Member
I understand you 100%. Absolutely -no worries and regardless of what happens, I am here for any and all.

When Dale and I get around to setting up a private track event at the local Speedway, trust me, ALL are invited!

I don't care what kind of car/hotrod you own, come one, come ALL!

Last edited:

RatedR

SVT Poster
Established Member
Skoalman said:
I drive a Lightning and am making modifications that will keep it reliable for daily driver duty (at least while it has a warranty), Matts simply trying to keep the door open to everybody so i'm walking a fine line here.

I can choose to go with a Lightning only club or simply keep my status as a Car/truck enthusiast, It's hard to be labeled with a club logo when there is so much more out there.

Surely you can see the dilemma i'm in trying to support a local truck club or one that offers a lot more diversity.
No need to walk a fine line. I personally think we should just continue to support SAGALV (we already have a Lightning section on that site) and let it grow as a Car/truck local club for all. :-D

Last edited:

S/C F-1FITTY

Sin City
Established Member
RatedR said:
No need to walk a fine line. I personally think we should just continue to support SAGALV (we already have a Lightning section on that site) and let it grow as a Car/truck local club for all. :-D

I totally agree. You can be with various car clubs, no one cares. As far as maybe having our own site, i wanna see how many more people we get into it. Once we get about 20+ L's then we can start looking into a site. But for now, sagalv is a good site, and i agree on meeting up there and so on. I dont like the whole application thing and rules, but whatever. Does anyone have ideas on where to meet saturday before we go to the track. I was thinking maybe that sonic on nellis. not sure which one it is but i know there is one closer to the speedway. If everyone is down for that then we can meet there, just let me know what time is good. Ill post this up on sagalv as well..:) Like i said, the whole purpose of having a lightning club/association in vegas is so all of us can get together and bullshit about l's and help each other out on things needed on there L's. Well hopefully we will have another good turn out and hopefully more L's this time. :):):) :beer:

RatedR

SVT Poster
Established Member
DISREGUARD NO MEET THIS WEEK @ SAGALV I got my dates crossed (these 12 hour shifts @ night are killing me) Justin we need to roll with plan A, Sonic on Nellis near the speedway.

Justin we already have a place to meet on Saturday its already posted: (I missed this on my first post on SAGALV)
Sonic
6pm Saturday July 22
3431 NORTH RANCHO
LAS VEGAS, NV 89130

So after our meeting we can all roll out as a club and head up to the drift fest with the UGLY 68 leading the way.......... :thumbsup: :D

Last edited:

S/C F-1FITTY

Sin City
Established Member
RatedR said:
DISREGUARD NO MEET THIS WEEK @ SAGALV I got my dates crossed (these 12 hour shifts @ night are killing me) Justin we need to roll with plan A, Sonic on Nellis near the speedway.

Justin we already have a place to meet on Saturday its already posted: (I missed this on my first post on SAGALV)
Sonic
6pm Saturday July 22
3431 NORTH RANCHO
LAS VEGAS, NV 89130

So after our meeting we can all roll out as a club and head up to the drift fest with the UGLY 68 leading the way.......... :thumbsup: :D

OK..?? this saturday is the 15th? we are not going to meet up this weekend? the 22nd is next weekend..

I'D WIN

Established Member
Justin~

If possible, when can you swing by my house?? I want to mount my new slicks on your truck to see what kind of clearance issues I will have with my truck.

If I am not mistaken, I think our stances are just about the same.

-MM

Users who are viewing this thread