Looking for opinions on a 2022 Audi S5.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No, not really. It probably helps a bit with very small debris, but the coating is very thin. It still retains the characteristics of paint. Anything that can damage your paint can also damage ceramic coatings. It more protects against UV rays and chemical stains, provides an ultra-gloss, and isn't removed from washing your vehicle. It also greatly repels water.

For greater protection from road debris, you really need a clear FILM that designed to protect against road debris of various types. I'm not an expert here, just relaying what I do know about the product.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
The S5 would be a great choice Bob. A tune will add 75 hp. Bring it up to like 425 hp and like 475 lbs of TQ. Not bad for a DD.

I agree tho the RS3 is the car to get Bob. Who cares if its a sedan its one of the most capable platforms on the planet!

Its half of a Lambo motor literally! With a tune u can make 600 hp pretty easily with methanol injection and still get 25 mpg. It comes with a really wicked stock Turbo with a billet wheel.

And Bob ur 30 minutes from one of the best Audi shops in the country being Innovative Motorsports in Milford CT so its not like u have far to drive.

The transmission is the real gem tho. Its bulletproof even when u modify the motor.

Im building one right now and the only part I didnt upgrade was the transmission. Well, I did upgrade clutches but that only cause im gonna make a 1100+ hp but they are wicked and the way they hook up is second to none!

RS3's and TTRS have some of the fastest 60-130 times in the world!

And lets face it the RS3 sounds like a super car! Literally the very best sounding car out there period! I would reconsider the RS3 Bob. Plus it looks pretty badass imo!

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
U need PPF for rock chips. Coatings wont prevent them. U can PPF the front tho which is where most occur. Im doing the front bumper and hood and ceramic coating the rest.

Cool. Does this coating help prevent rock chips? I know if the rock is big and fast enough no protection will help. But what about smaller, average little road debris? I try to stick to clean roads with all my cars but some small rocks still find their way to the car. I turn around if I end up on a road where they are doing patch and repair with asphalt. I hate getting that stuff on any of my cars.

TurboMach1

Established Member
GNBRett, you have a RS3 now too? Turbo Buicks, Mustangs now Audi we seem to have some very similar tastes lol!

I sent you a PM. I would love to hear/see more about your RS3 build I just got mine in June. I am also looking for advice on my Mach 1.

OP that GV70 is a cool looking SUV and a lot of vehicle for the money. Not a bad choice if you are looking for something with more utility. My daily is a 2016 F150 and my RS3 is really a just nice weather track/autoX car.
Chris Lyons (turbobuick)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Chris. Yeah, I’m 100% on board with the Genesis GV70. I’m actually getting excited about letting my G70 go and moving back into a sporty SUV. I’ve driven the GV70 twice and researched it thoroughly. I’m ready! Thanks everyone for your input on the Audi S5 and RS3. The 2022 RS3 looks to be a really nice upgrade. And a good looking sedan.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Thanks Chris. Yeah, I’m 100% on board with the Genesis GV70. I’m actually getting excited about letting my G70 go and moving back into a sporty SUV. I’ve driven the GV70 twice and researched it thoroughly. I’m ready! Thanks everyone for your input on the Audi S5 and RS3. The 2022 RS3 looks to be a really nice upgrade. And a good looking sedan.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I think it's going to make the Edge you had seem really, really cheap. Looking forward to your updates!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For sure. Night and day different. A lot more power, too. 315hp on my old 2016 Edge Sport and 375hp on my upcoming Genesis GV70. Transmission was very loose on my Edge. The 8-speed is very tight on the GV70. Somewhat comparable, I guess, to the improved Edge ST transmission.

As soon as I get it, I'll post photos and my personal review on the GV70. Probably a new thread.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The GV70 looks beautiful! I really wanted a GV80 but the 3rd row was practically useless and had a nice mark up. Ended up with a Platinum but no complaints either.

Enjoy it Bob! She's a beauty!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks, my brother. I was up at the Westfarms Mall near Hartford this afternoon and my dealership had three Genesis models there. A 2022 G70, a 2022 GV80, and a 2022 GV70. All were white. The GV80 is, of course, bigger than the GV70, and I got to see them side by side. I like the small size of the GV70. I would have consider buying it, as it's the Sport Prestige package, but it had the smaller 2.0L turbo 4 making 300hp. It did have a really cool dark blue interior. Now I'm more psyched than ever to get mine.

quad

Established Member
Thanks, my brother. I was up at the Westfarms Mall near Hartford this afternoon and my dealership had three Genesis models there. A 2022 G70, a 2022 GV80, and a 2022 GV70. All were white. The GV80 is, of course, bigger than the GV70, and I got to see them side by side. I like the small size of the GV70. I would have consider buying it, as it's the Sport Prestige package, but it had the smaller 2.0L turbo 4 making 300hp. It did have a really cool dark blue interior. Now I'm more psyched than ever to get mine.
It's always great getting a new car. Love that new car smell! When Producer Michael picked up his Mercedes Wagon it had a leather smell when they opened the rear hatch. Nice!

I do like the greasy oil smell also though. When I picked up my Cobra from AA after all the upgrades in 2012 I was warned that it will have an oily smell for a while until it is burned off. I was hoping it would stay lol!

quad

Established Member
I think the GV70 looks great with this Burgundy color.

JDPA_2022%20Genesis%20GV70%20Burgundy%20Front%20Quarter%20View.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My wife initially was interested in that Barossa Burgundy. There is a Matte version.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea buddy thats been a year long build and still aint done. Geez parts take forever to get smh.

U got some fast ass shit bro! Like some of the fastest in the Turbo Buick community. Ur no joke! The real deal!

GNBRett, you have a RS3 now too? Turbo Buicks, Mustangs now Audi we seem to have some very similar tastes lol!

I sent you a PM. I would love to hear/see more about your RS3 build I just got mine in June. I am also looking for advice on my Mach 1.

OP that GV70 is a cool looking SUV and a lot of vehicle for the money. Not a bad choice if you are looking for something with more utility. My daily is a 2016 F150 and my RS3 is really a just nice weather track/autoX car.
Chris Lyons (turbobuick)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It must be 2021 if 'payed off Hyundai' is a talking point on a Ford performance forum.

Get a Mach e GT. Don't get pulled in by the 'has to be gasser, not in my lifetime' herd mentality. That's right up there with 'never a V6 turbo in a pickup' talk from 2011. My guess is range won't be a factor for your usage and you can give some interesting, comparative insight on this FORD performance forum vs 'My Hyundai is really quiet'.

On that note, you'll find the Mach e GT even quieter......
Quieter, but not that much than my vehicle of choice. I have zero interest in the Mach E. Don’t like the stubby looking exterior, nor the interior. Also don’t want electric. I’m 100% settled on the 2021 Genesis GV70.

quad

Established Member
Quieter, but not that much than my vehicle of choice. I have zero interest in the Mach E. Don’t like the stubby looking exterior, nor the interior. Also don’t want electric. I’m 100% settled on the 2021 Genesis GV70.
I checked out the Genesis website and the GV70 has a starting MSRP of $41,000.

My mom is thinking of selling her BMW X5. I told her she should go with the GV70. She agrees it is a beautiful car but she really wants to stay in the BMW family because that's the image she wants to project lol!

Anyway I took her to a Genesis dealership lot yesterday to check out the GV70. They were all listed at $64,000+! WTH? The sedans were listed at a much lower price.

We took a peak inside through the glass and the interior looks awesome. They only had black and white GV70s on the lot. I must say many dealerships have a limited supply right now.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Very, very nice Bob!
I don't know how I missed this. Congrats and take photos when you get'er home.
Best of luck.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Tony. I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered to the dealership. It's due in this week. I'll definitely take photos and post them.

Users who are viewing this thread