looking for photos of Xpel on there shelby

5Eight0shelby

SVT poster
Established Member
I was wanting to see who had the Xpel on there ride. I was considering it since there is alot of rock haulers in my area. I did get a good quote from a local dealer. The only thing i was worrying about was my stripes. if you have it done share some info and photos thanks.

Kapy

Established Member
I was wanting to see who had the Xpel on there ride. I was considering it since there is alot of rock haulers in my area. I did get a good quote from a local dealer. The only thing i was worrying about was my stripes. if you have it done share some info and photos thanks.

I haven't had it done yet. I just ordered the rocker panel kit so I can attempt putting on myself.

Go to Xpel.com and you can look up the kits exactly for whatever car you have. In our situations, the kit does not cover up the stripes, only the painted surfaces.

If you watch the videos it shows how to install as well. I have received quotes anywhere from $1,000 to $1,500 to do the hood, entire front bumper and rocker panels.

But just waiting for it to warm up a little more and I am going to try just the rocker panels first to see if it is worth doing it yourself.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Many are leaving the stripes exposed and cutting the bra around it. I didn't have stripes- so it didn't matter.

Pics won't help you- it's very hard to see it.

Nickoli

Established Member
hmmm, i thought about doing this but thats a lot of money if you ask me. I think if i get a chip i'll have that part re-painted for less lol

5Eight0shelby

SVT poster
Established Member
Dealer quoted me $795 for the entire front end. I guesS i just have to see it in person. I would hate to have them cut around the strips. Dealer said they stick to the strips good, but you know as well as i do they tell you anything. Dont know still up in the air. I just hate cleaning bugs off especially when your cruising 100+ lol

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I had XPEL installed on mine. Love it so far. I had the stripes cut out after the install b/c the stripes turn gloss black which did not match at all with the rest of the car. XPEL is on my front end, mirrors, a-pillers, leading edge of the roof, and rockers. Only problem has been with the edges of the XPEL on the rockers which seem to be magnets for dirt getting under the XPEL a little.

Paul1138

Established Member

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member

I can try to get some photos later today, don't know how well they will turn since, as said above, it's hard to see. So far all I've had done are the rockers, door cups, door edges, and mirrors for close to $500. I was nervous about doing it around the stripes. They do have kits that have the stripes already accounted for, so I'm thinking of going back to do the front. I'm just nervous about the edges along the stripes and won't let anyone take a razor blade to my car.

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member
I had XPEL installed on mine. Love it so far. I had the stripes cut out after the install b/c the stripes turn gloss black which did not match at all with the rest of the car. XPEL is on my front end, mirrors, a-pillers, leading edge of the roof, and rockers. Only problem has been with the edges of the XPEL on the rockers which seem to be magnets for dirt getting under the XPEL a little.

+1 on the edges along the rockers!!

Imatk

Established Member
For anyone thinking about doing this... DO IT.

I'm just about to have my front bumper painted--again.

$700 later and it's the third time I've had to do it.

If I'd do the XPel or 3m bra I wouldn't have had to.

Users who are viewing this thread