Looking for TQ..Any Ideas?

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Recently made 499/466 with a ported blower, PL/TB and a 2.8 Upper. Im looking for more TQ without adding a lower. I thought of ditching the cats and getting a prochamber. Mods with the aforementioned are a FIPK with stock intake tube, factory midpipe with two of the four cats deleted, x pipe, and some weld in Super 40's. Any ideas will be appreciated..

Last edited:

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Hmm..Im a little unfamiliar of nitrous..never used it or knew anyone with personal experience.

SVT GI

Established Member
Lower or nitrous for noticable tq. Other mods will net little tq gains. Many people run lowers with no issues if that is your concern. The key is torqing down hub evenly not to have any wobble. That's where you run into problems. Just throwing that out there.

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
factory midpipe with two of the four cats deleted, x pipe, and some weld in Super 40's.
I assume you have a pro doing the tuning here right? It could always be a combination of timing and fuel in the tune...

2 other questions here. The factory mid is an H, did you fabricate an X in there??

You say "weld in Super 40's". If you just changed out the stock mufflers for the 40's and left the rest of the factory catback intact, you're losing out on some power and torque. Get a real 2.5" aftermarket catback and you should improve a bit on your numbers.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Yep. Lower is your best bet. I'm running a 2.93 upper and a 6lb lower. I make 570rwtq. I have had no problems running the lower. Why don't you want to run a lower?

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
I assume you have a pro doing the tuning here right? It could always be a combination of timing and fuel in the tune...

2 other questions here. The factory mid is an H, did you fabricate an X in there??

You say "weld in Super 40's". If you just changed out the stock mufflers for the 40's and left the rest of the factory catback intact, you're losing out on some power and torque. Get a real 2.5" aftermarket catback and you should improve a bit on your numbers.

Yes, professionally tuned. There is a fabricated X in the exhaust and the Super 40 mufflers welded in, no true catback.

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Yep. Lower is your best bet. I'm running a 2.93 upper and a 6lb lower. I make 570rwtq. I have had no problems running the lower. Why don't you want to run a lower?

Ive heard some good things and bad things about them and really dont want to risk hurting anything.

Users who are viewing this thread