Looking for White Bear Lake Ford for part advice

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
So, I have an 08 F250 xlt supercab with the short bed. I wanted to get the intermediate/center parking brake cable for it. My wheelbase according to ford tech sheet is 142 inch and that matches my tape measurement.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2008/vs_pdf/f250-450_08bb.pdf

The sites all say that this part is discontinued. In fact, its discontinued and not available anywhere. So, what part do I order to replace the intermediate cable? Do I just order the next size up wheelbase? Or the next size down?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Don’t understand the thread title. Autonation has their own thread under the vendor forums. I know they answer questions there. Here, not so sure but not sure if one was being asked of them.

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
I did try local part stores and nothing. I haven't tried junkyard or lkq yet...

Don’t understand the thread title. Autonation has their own thread under the vendor forums. I know they answer questions there. Here, not so sure but not sure if one was being asked of them.

vendor forums are: lethal, american muscle, discount tire, and late model restoration. I know them as this site's vendor from a while ago though, so that's why I mentioned them in the title because they may be still on. Maybe you can understand that.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is weird. You may have better luck calling them. Really great people to do business with.

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
Anyone frequent junk yards with these things sitting around in them? Not too many in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

I was wondering, what would a Ford tech at a service center do without a part to replace it with? Rig it? Nah...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread