Looking to buy a drone, have some questions.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I see both sides. Many won't like the idea of a drone flying around their property over privacy concerns. Then there's the concern of a drone dropping out of the sky and striking a child (or adult). I think they're awesome when properly used. Like you use yours, Uncle Meat. Unfortunately that won't be the case. It will be the nutcases and irresponsible people who will ruin it for everyone else.

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member
I see both sides. Many won't like the idea of a drone flying around their property over privacy concerns. Then there's the concern of a drone dropping out of the sky and striking a child (or adult). I think they're awesome when properly used. Like you use yours, Uncle Meat. Unfortunately that won't be the case. It will be the nutcases and irresponsible people who will ruin it for everyone else.

I fly rc planes/choppers. There is AMA insurance you can purchase ($80) a year. It only covers you for specific AMA sanctioned flying fields & some "ball park" flyers. It covers damages & Medical costs that happen to you or someone else caused by you.

I doubt there would be anyone that would insure you while flying wherever you choose.

SFLEcoboost

Established Member
Too bad you can't declare yourself a sovereign nation and petition the State dept for funding to purchase ITAR related equipment to fight an insurgency :D

You could score an early Predator on the cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread