Looking to get blown.. torn between Vortech or Roush

denali33

Established Member
Oh look its another supercharger thread. I have a 2014 Mustang GT track pack. Currently have boltons plus AED car pulls good! I had a 2011 Tundra supercharged with the TRD kit... miss the power.

My goals are safety and overall drive ability. I would like to stay within the constraints of a stock motor so crank Hp around 600 and torque between 450 and 500 would be plenty. I don't plan on changing out internals or transmission, but understood if I wanted more power it would be advised to beef up stuff. What is recommended, I have done my research and I am leaning towards vortech.. just wanted a few more feedback. Work will most likely be done at Triangle Speed Shop. Thanks in advance

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Can't go wrong with either. You had a TRD so your probably used to low end torque. The Roush will get you more low end but the Vortech will be easier on the motor and give you a mad top end rush. Vortech is much cheaper also.

Vert

Established Member
I just installed a stage 2 vmp tvs package and believe it or not, you can't tell its under hood until you go hard on the throttle.

PC03GT

Established Member
Have a vortech on my 2013, it's a nice compromise between price and horsepower. I'm putting down 612 hp on a 3.8 pulley

BornCoqui

Established Member
Have a vortech on my 2013, it's a nice compromise between price and horsepower. I'm putting down 612 hp on a 3.8 pulley

Would you happen to have any track times? Trying to get an idea of what a vortech/paxton car trap with the 3.8..

PC03GT

Established Member
No, sorry. I'm hoping when I do get to the track she'll run high 10s

Last edited:

hand-filer

Established Member
kcobra your right that thing had a monster low and midrange punch.
Why is the vortech easier on the motor?

All the centrifugal guys say that because PD blowers make big torque down low and the Centrifugal blowers come on gradually. At 550 - 600 RWHP it really is a moot point. Nothing beats a TVS for fun factor, driveability and reliability.
600 HP at the crank is nothing for these motors. Go for 600 to the tires.

Last edited:

Deerslayer

Established Member
6k for 636.49 rwhp.......stock internals. No brainer, VORTECH
[video=youtube;1FKfdq24pyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FKfdq24pyc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Notfast2012

Established Member
I have had both well procharger and current setup a tvs. Triangle speed tuned both and they both are very fun to drive. The procharger would scream on the top end above 3500. The tvs with the converter is a very quick out of the hole. I prefer the tvs for everyday driving. Seems like your goals the tvs would work very well for you. If you said I want over 800rwhp then the tvs might not be the best option for you. I am sure you will like either one.

burke985

Established Member
If you wanna keep rpms safe go with a TVS , you will make just as much power and not have to rev it to the moon. I would not do a Centri unless I was replacing the oil pump gears.

vortecd

Established Member
They both will work great. I have owned a few Vortech's but on my '13 I went with the Roush. I think the Roush looks way better under the hood and and I wanted something different then what I have had.

Joey8

Established Member
Because you will always want to rev it to sky to keep it going.
With tvs you start making the same torque centri does at 5krpm, at almost half of that.

Thats what keeping me away from the paxtons/vortech route. The torque is just not there EVEN at 5k rpms and to be they sound like a street sweeper in nyc when cruising.

Users who are viewing this thread