Looking to purchase a lightning my first SVT

svtjerrod

Established Member
Hey guys i am new to this forum and new to the SVT world. I was a Ford technician for over five years but now i work for firestone bridgestone. The ford dealer was where i was first exposed to the SVT vehicles and loved them, now my boss has a Cobra and i love his car. They have always been out of my reach financially but have finally made it to a posetion to own one of these awesome vehicles, only problem is... can't find many that are close to me :( I was just lookin for tips on where to look to find one besides the obvious like ebay, cars.com, autotrader. have found several but just havent found the one.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

looking forward to more posts.

Jerrod

svtjerrod

Established Member
ok maybe i should have posted this in the market place... i am new... still any knowledge on where to look is appreciated :)

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
Your post is fine. Look around here, nloc, and Lightningrodder. There are some awesome trucks for sale. A twin turbo in central Fl. for a ridiculously low price. There are alot to choose from.

startthesho

i want 12s
Established Member
i ended up getting mine from NC a few months ago, because i couldn't find one for a good price any closer to ohio. i'm happy with mine though. it was in great shape when i bought it. if you really want one you may have to go out of state for it. there are some nice ones with good prices in the market right now that i have looked at. good luck finding the one you want, and show it off when you do find it! welcome

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
I got a red one I'll make you a good deal on, fly out to Tri Cities Airport and I'll come pick you up and you can drive it back home.

Welcome, you'll love the Lightning when you get it.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
There is a beautiful True Blue 02 with a built motor and polished Whipple, $15K, The Lightning is show quality. Its listed over on Lightning Rodder.
Here is a link [ame="http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18619"]FS: 2002 True Blue Lightning - Built Motor/Whipple - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com[/ame]

Last edited:

ibismojo

Established Member
Hey guys i am new to this forum and new to the SVT world. I was a Ford technician for over five years but now i work for firestone bridgestone. The ford dealer was where i was first exposed to the SVT vehicles and loved them, now my boss has a Cobra and i love his car. They have always been out of my reach financially but have finally made it to a posetion to own one of these awesome vehicles, only problem is... can't find many that are close to me :( I was just lookin for tips on where to look to find one besides the obvious like ebay, cars.com, autotrader. have found several but just havent found the one.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

looking forward to more posts.

Jerrod

I looked on ebay, autotrader, cars.com, craigslist, carfax and ford's certified pre-own website everyday for about 2 months before I found one on ebay, which happened to be not too far from my city. I didn't buy it through ebay since he was local. Before that, I was ready to go anywhere in the US to pick up a Lightning....as far as Pennsylvania. The midwest typically has better prices than the coastal states.

Black02SVTL

#746 of 4726
Established Member
Welcome to SVTP. Look in the market section of any of the Lightning forums. You should be able to find something you like. I bought mine out of state also, in Mass.

svtjerrod

Established Member
thanks guys

man you all have been a huge help, i am gonna keep researching for a week or three and then will be making a desicion on which way to go.

what yall's opinion on buying one heavily modified or lightly for that matter. the thing i worry about is someone just slapping random parts on the truck and then my buying a headache.. dont really know what alot of the mods mean honestly.

will do some more research.

thanks for all the help

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
I think that you just have to pick one that you like. Most people on Stock Blocks keep theirs to Ported and pullied, some go with KB's, and Whipples which with a good tune is fine. The stock rods are pretty weak, to many questions is a good thing. Be sure you know everything you want to know.

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
I think that you just have to pick one that you like. Most people on Stock Blocks keep theirs to Ported and pullied, some go with KB's, and Whipples which with a good tune is fine. The stock rods are pretty weak, to many questions is a good thing. Be sure you know everything you want to know.

+1 Just do your research and you'll be good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread