Looking to purchase gt350

Notfast2012

Established Member
Hey everyone, I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a 16 gt350 next week sometime. I plan on driving this car mostly everyday. How is the ride compared to say a regular 16 gt? How is the overall power of the car? I had a 13 gt with a tvs. I understand it won't be nearly as quick but the sound of the car sold me! Lastly, I know some vendors have some performance upgrades available. I am thinking of a tune, mgw shifter, cai and possiably headers. Anyone install headers yet? Worth the amount of money for the gains? Thanks for any feedback!

Notfast2012

Established Member
Thank you I will check that site out. Maybe some owners can help me with the ride review. I have searched YouTube and found some great reviews. But still like to hear other opinions.

IM3CPO

Established Member
Hey everyone, I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a 16 gt350 next week sometime. I plan on driving this car mostly everyday. How is the ride compared to say a regular 16 gt? How is the overall power of the car? I had a 13 gt with a tvs. I understand it won't be nearly as quick but the sound of the car sold me! Lastly, I know some vendors have some performance upgrades available. I am thinking of a tune, mgw shifter, cai and possiably headers. Anyone install headers yet? Worth the amount of money for the gains? Thanks for any feedback!

I currently have a 2016 Mustang GT *AND* 2016 GT350 with magnetic ride (also used to have a 2012 GT500 and 2013 GT500), so I should be able to help you out.. ;)

Long story short is the GT350 has a better ride quality compared to the GT. You should have no issues with the GT350 as a daily driver whatsoever. As for upgrades, I would wait for the Ford Racing mods before doing anything else as they have quite a few parts coming to the GT350.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The GT350 is superior to a GT in every way except two. It can feel a bit gutless down low, and the drivetrain is not as mod friendly. Other than that, the car is fantastic.

krt22

Established Member
The GT350 is superior to a GT in every way except two. It can feel a bit gutless down low, and the drivetrain is not as mod friendly. Other than that, the car is fantastic.
I still havn't experienced this feel

Drove my 2012 GT and the GT350 back to back and it makes the 2012 feel incredibly slow.

Notfast2012

Established Member
Great thanks everyone for the feedback! I am really excited just having a hard time justifying paying over Msrp for one of these. The dealerships around here want 5,000 over,some even more. The closer I get to Houston the closer to 10,000 over. I am debating on waiting to order a 17 the way I want.

IM3CPO

Established Member
I still havn't experienced this feel

Drove my 2012 GT and the GT350 back to back and it makes the 2012 feel incredibly slow.

100% true for me as well. I was initially worried about this before I got mine, but I too have never experienced any negatives when it comes to power. The car feel perfect to me!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Great thanks everyone for the feedback! I am really excited just having a hard time justifying paying over Msrp for one of these. The dealerships around here want 5,000 over,some even more. The closer I get to Houston the closer to 10,000 over. I am debating on waiting to order a 17 the way I want.

Unless you just don't like your money, wait it out until you can get one at MSRP or better.

krt22

Established Member
48,695 with no stripes is what one comes out with online with zero options.
But nearly impossible to find, most dealer orders added the tech pack followed by the track pack. Only ~100 base cars were made for US delivery for the 2016 MY and it doesnt exist for 2017

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member

if you have a good relationship with your local dealers you can get msrp i bought one last week at msrp in lake charles on the day you posted this. mabye you got the wrong salesman

Notfast2012

Established Member
Swlacobra if you bought the grey one that was the one I was going to buy Friday. But they would only sell it for 63,000. They had a white one to.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
yep bought the grey one. was surprised to see someone from lake charles on here. do you ever go to any of the local car shows/events? lets meet up sometime and talk cars
richard

Last edited:

Notfast2012

Established Member
Yeah I am not from here originally. I haven't really got out to much. I am working on a notch/coyote car now. So I haven't had much to take to shows lately lol. I actually looked at your gt500 at Bolton, very nice car! How do you like the gt350 vs your gt500? Would love to meet sometime. I drive my wife nuts with car talk lol.

rambler358

Established Member
Unless you just don't like your money, wait it out until you can get one at MSRP or better.
It all depends where you live. Here in SoCal I was VERY lucky to get mine at $5000 over MSRP, and that's because I know someone who knows the owner. Everywhere else around here it's at least $10k over.

Users who are viewing this thread