Looks like dodge may be stepping it up...

Troponin

Established Member
I actually appreciated the Challenger as more of a DD because of it's size. Not sure how I will feel about it with the changes.

As for the power, well, the HC has a really steep sticker price and "market adjustments" just this car unattainable for a large number of people. This is one reason why the Mustang has been a largely popular car; lots of bang for the buck

thehunterooo

Established Member
I am in love with the Challenger, it has even outsold the best and fastest car on the market for the past two month as well. Next gen chally is going to be very good.

BSB318

Established Member
Yes its speculation but I have a feeling this may happen.

Its better for the modern day muscle car war.

I am waiting and hoping one of the big 3 muscle car makers comes out with a factory production car that is capable of breaking into the 9's.

I think it will happen in the next 2 or 3 years.

BSB318

Established Member
I actually appreciated the Challenger as more of a DD because of it's size. Not sure how I will feel about it with the changes.

As for the power, well, the HC has a really steep sticker price and "market adjustments" just this car unattainable for a large number of people. This is one reason why the Mustang has been a largely popular car; lots of bang for the buck

That is 1 thing Ford has over the other 2.

For the money to performance ratio , Chevrolet and Dodge can not compete Ford.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm stoked for it. Hellcats are monsters, the motors just take a beating stock. Our shop car makes 1200whp on stock motor...and just takes it. They dyno 640-660 stock, so they're underrated. Increasing the power means they'll be able to make close to 900whp with only a pulley change. As long as the price stays reasonable I'm down.

Hell bring me a hellcat now and for basically nothing you can make close to 800whp. They make GOOD power. And drive awesome.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I'm stoked for it. Hellcats are monsters, the motors just take a beating stock. Our shop car makes 1200whp on stock motor...and just takes it. They dyno 640-660 stock, so they're underrated. Increasing the power means they'll be able to make close to 900whp with only a pulley change. As long as the price stays reasonable I'm down.

Hell bring me a hellcat now and for basically nothing you can make close to 800whp. They make GOOD power. And drive awesome.
Just to bad you can't afford one. Lol

dntalman

Yella Terra
Established Member
I love the fact everyone is stepping up their game.. Ford needs to offer a factory production based supercharged car.. I know some will say the Roush.. I consider the Roush to be in line with Henessey and people like that.. Dealerships offer the blower upgrade and I appreciate the effort... It only takes the Roush blower upgrade to run with the Hellcat.. Give us another Boss or a Mach I with a factory blower in a auto and stick.. While the GT350 is a great car. A PERSONAL FAVORITE OF MINE. We will see them at car shows and if you are lucky on the street from time to time.. Give us a runner, a car with a FAIR PRICE and a blower!!

Zemedici

Established Member
Just to bad you can't afford one. Lol

Ain't that the truth. Hahaha I truly don't think I could ever spend $75k on a vehicle, as I change cars too much. (One every 6-12 months for last 5 vehicles)

I love the fact everyone is stepping up their game.. Ford needs to offer a factory production based supercharged car.. I know some will say the Roush.. I consider the Roush to be in line with Henessey and people like that.. Dealerships offer the blower upgrade and I appreciate the effort... It only takes the Roush blower upgrade to run with the Hellcat.. Give us another Boss or a Mach I with a factory blower in a auto and stick.. While the GT350 is a great car. A PERSONAL FAVORITE OF MINE. We will see them at car shows and if you are lucky on the street from time to time.. Give us a runner, a car with a FAIR PRICE and a blower!!

So true. Roush to me is not near the same as SVT.

I want Big displacement, blowers, high horsepower.

BSB318

Established Member
Ford could use a whipple 2.9 like they use on a cobra jet race car.

Ford should offer a de-tuned 5.0 cobra jet race engine in the next gt500.

jbs$

Established Member
I have driven a Hellcat for a year now, love the car. Looking forward to the next model where it's dropped about 500 pounds and jumped another 100+ in HP.

scotmach

Established Member
I just traded in my 2015 GT for a 2015 Scat Pack and would do it again in a heartbeat. These Challengers are nice cars and fast.

Users who are viewing this thread