Looks like the Ram TRX is happening and maybe Hellcat powered

My94GT

Established Member
It’s comical people are in here knocking it but sweat the raptor.

Let’s set aside the looks as the article clearly says it’ll be based off the 2019 ram so this concept is already dated.

Competition is good, hopefully it’ll push ford to make an even better raptor.

As for the hell cat platform, it’s been announced it is getting an update and will be a completely new set up not based off anything currently they have in the fiat lineup of chassis.

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
It’s comical people are in here knocking it but sweat the raptor.

Let’s set aside the looks as the article clearly says it’ll be based off the 2019 ram so this concept is already dated.

Competition is good, hopefully it’ll push ford to make an even better raptor.

As for the hell cat platform, it’s been announced it is getting an update and will be a completely new set up not based off anything currently they have in the fiat lineup of chassis.

Well it's a Ford forum soooooooo

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
It would be such a surreal experience on this forum if Ford had a 700 hp motor they threw in all kinds of platforms, and all the people bitching about Dodge doing it had to stay negative and disappointed.

Would I buy a 700 hp Raptor? Probably not. Would it still be ridiculous and awesome? Uhhhh—yeah...

Hopefully they make a speed oriented HC-Ram too. If for no other reason than to rub people who hate all the HellCat cars the wrong way.

Exactly. 100% agree.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blk02edge

Established Member
With coil rear suspension, they should be able to do some things beyond the capabilities of a leaf setup.
Probably not actually, they'll likely use their 5 or whatever excessive link count with super short arms making it quite maxed at 14 or so inches of travel. Leaf springs can be bolt on 20+ inches relatively cheap and easy. If they did "proper'' 3 or 4 link the truck would have zero payload and ride like crap on the street.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Don't like the grille but everything else is ok with me. I'd like to see the Raptor go toe to toe with this.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Much more appealing then the Raptor imo. Raptor to me just looks like an upgraded F150 which I guess essentially is what it is.

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
So you guys are hating on the Ram.... at least they have the balls to put a big knarly supercharged V8 in their “fun truck” in the lineup... Ford is busy trying to sell us on their eco boost motors...... heck, the Ford GT even got the short end of the stick imo.... we are in a world where there are 600-700hp cars available from nearly every manufacturer.

Zemedici

Established Member
So you guys are hating on the Ram.... at least they have the balls to put a big knarly supercharged V8 in their “fun truck” in the lineup... Ford is busy trying to sell us on their eco boost motors...... heck, the Ford GT even got the short end of the stick imo.... we are in a world where there are 600-700hp cars available from nearly every manufacturer.

Except one ;)

96 cobra

Established Member
Hopefully they reinforced the plastic upper control arms ;)
and will the rear diff still be heated with engine coolant to shave off that extra .025 mpg Bubba will be clamoring for?

blk02edge

Established Member
Hopefully they reinforced the plastic upper control arms ;)
and will the rear diff still be heated with engine coolant to shave off that extra .025 mpg Bubba will be clamoring for?
They are still steel inside

Users who are viewing this thread