loss of boost?

swbhobie16

Established Member
im pretty new to the cobra scene and was wondering if a loss of boost could simply be a loose belt slipping. i took the dash out a few weeks ago, and when i put it back in, i noticed the stock boost gauge wasnt working, or so i thought. then, when i got into it, it just didnt feel right. i didnt hear the full whine i was use to and there was slight smell of gas that seemed to come from my side pipes. there is none of the above mentioned problem under normal driving conditions and im hoping that a new belt and a set of billet flow pulleys will eliminate my problem. im hoping to hear this isnt a major problem, since ive only had her for a couple months now.

any and all thoughts and advice will be helpful
thanks

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Did you plug the hose back into the boost guage?If you didn`t you are having a vac leak from that tube!

swbhobie16

Established Member
a hose in the back of the dash itself? i didnt notice one when i took it apart, but it is very likely i missed it. thats what would cause the gauge itself to not work, right? is there anything to explain the gas smell?

thanks

Invictus

Banned
The gauge cluster has a vaccum line going to it. You probably pulled it out when you pulled the dash out. Follow it through the firewall and make sure its plugged back in. You can take the gauge cluster out eaisly without having to remove the entire dash again. Why did you remove the dash?

swbhobie16

Established Member
thanks guys. i just went through and retraced my steps and found the elusive hose. yall were right, i guess i inadvertantly unplugged it when i removed it the first time. i know this may sound trivial, but there was something stuck to the inside of the dash, on the gauges themselves, that was driving me crazy. so i started dismatling it and cleaned it, but obviously when i put it back together missed the vacuum hose.

i thought i had a major problem on my hands.
thanks again. i appreciate the help.

seth

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
thanks guys. i just went through and retraced my steps and found the elusive hose. yall were right, i guess i inadvertantly unplugged it when i removed it the first time. i know this may sound trivial, but there was something stuck to the inside of the dash, on the gauges themselves, that was driving me crazy. so i started dismatling it and cleaned it, but obviously when i put it back together missed the vacuum hose.

i thought i had a major problem on my hands.
thanks again. i appreciate the help.

seth

:beer:
Glad it was something simple.

Users who are viewing this thread