Lost Master My Key

marine12001

Established Member
Night of drinking and lost my darn key. I have the Vallet mykey which is locked down. I read through the forums and called ford $400 for a new key and to reprogram the mykey settings.

If I just cut a regular oem replacement key would that allow me to utilize all the features again or does ford really have to reprogram the rfid chip in the new key and reprogram the entire car?

Zemedici

Established Member
Night of drinking and lost my darn key. I have the Vallet mykey which is locked down. I read through the forums and called ford $400 for a new key and to reprogram the mykey settings.

If I just cut a regular oem replacement key would that allow me to utilize all the features again or does ford really have to reprogram the rfid chip in the new key and reprogram the entire car?

From what I recall, a locksmith can cut you a key and program it, just have to call around and see which locksmiths have the ability. They can simply trace your current key and program it.

When I was at the dealer it was about $4-500 for a new key, and local locksmiths cut and programmed them for like $200.

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
I get my transponder keys off ebay and have them reset by local mom and pop locksmiths that have the proper equipment to communicate with the car.

Way cheaper.

96redcobra

Established Member
Most things you can reprogram a new key from an old one. But since it was the master key and all you have is a valet key, I'm thinking you'll need to go to Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread