Lost my license in NJ can i get one in another state?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
There might be a state that would issue you a license while being revoked in NJ. But every state I can think of asks if your driver's license is currently suspended in any other state, and if so, they refuse to issue you one. Also, even if you get a D.L. from another state, you still may not drive in NJ.

Juruense

Banned
If you are willing to relocate nationwide... Do you have software development skills or a background in military information technology, or even just a military comms background? If so, PM me.

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
Figures trhe land of nothing and no-one accepts anything they can get lol

Any other states or just the land of grass?

Common

Established Member
in NJ deriving without insurance is manditory 1year loss of lisence

Some get this mixed up.

Did you not have a policy on the car you were driving period or you just didnt have the card on you?

Is you license suspended yet oficially or is it going to be?

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
Did not have insurance, had a policy but the insurance expired.

And i already lost it, they gave me a temp card that gave me 1hr to get home

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Figures trhe land of nothing and no-one accepts anything they can get lol

Any other states or just the land of grass?

Every state I have been licensed in required me to sign a statement that says I have not had my license suspended or revoked in any other state.

Maybe what you ought to do is suck it up and deal with it.

Common

Established Member
Did not have insurance, had a policy but the insurance expired.

And i already lost it, they gave me a temp card that gave me 1hr to get home

Dude, you are very vague in this whole deal.

IS your license suspended right now?

Did you have a policy but simply had an expired card to show?

if the second one is the case, all you need to prove is that you DID have insurance but had an expired card in your car and judge will amend it to a different charge that carries no license suspension.

btw, I HAVE NEVER heard of 1hr temp card.

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
Dude, you are very vague in this whole deal.

IS your license suspended right now?

Did you have a policy but simply had an expired card to show?

if the second one is the case, all you need to prove is that you DID have insurance but had an expired card in your car and judge will amend it to a different charge that carries no license suspension.

btw, I HAVE NEVER heard of 1hr temp card.

Ok begining of the summer i got pulled over after taking the cobra out cause i could not resist driving it, got pulled over i had no insurance

Went to court yesterday the judge suspended my licence(they have it now) for 1yr

And if i had a scanner i would scan my temp card maybe its a jersey thing, its just so you can drive home. the cardx contains everything a license dose only hand writen by the judge and it has the time i have to reach home, the bottom of it states as follows....

"This temporary permit is issued to the above named individual only for the purpose of allowing him to reach his home from his appearence in the abouve court. this permit is valid for the operation of a properly registered vehicle up to but noit after the abouve time and date"

then its pressed with a offical seal much like a birth certificate would be

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
Every state I have been licensed in required me to sign a statement that says I have not had my license suspended or revoked in any other state.

Maybe what you ought to do is suck it up and deal with it.

Let me explain this sucking it up is no option, i will not be able to get a job living in the suburbs of NJ with no car, i will be paying a taxi my income just for his fairs, dont know if your aware but jersey is a very very exspensive state to live in, like i said i wanna move my cobra is for sale so i can make the move, if theres a state i can get my liscense in thats where i would move to. See I am dealing with it.

my girlfriend and i of 6 years broke up 2 months ago
i lost my job begining of summer that i was making 15$/hr at
couldnt afford to finish college
just lost my liscense
back to living at home.

Nothings holding me here.

Juruense

Banned
my girlfriend and i of 6 years broke up 2 months ago
i lost my job begining of summer that i was making 15$/hr at
couldnt afford to finish college
just lost my liscense
back to living at home.

Nothings holding me here.
You situation sounds very similar to mine when in my early 20s, I got through it and so will you my friend. Stay positive and stay focused.

Mr5150

Hey sorry folks. I've lurked here for a few months now but I've never felt a big need to post.

Until now.

Dude, you got yourself into some crap. Federal law says that you cannot have a license in more than one state. Now, you can try and get around that by lying to the DL Examiners but if your caught then thats even more crap to deal with. Its not worth it man. Trust me, I used to work for them here. It sucks what happened but you shouldn't have been driving with no insurance. Good luck with your future endeavors and keep your head up.

exdeath

Established Member
Is a motorcycle license considered the same as a regular drivers license? Might be one option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread