Lost my license in NJ can i get one in another state?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Is a motorcycle license considered the same as a regular drivers license? Might be one option.

Most states Motorcycle license is an endorsement on your drivers license.

They revoke your license because they don't want you on the road, why would they then turn around and let you back on the road.?

Common

Established Member
Most states Motorcycle license is an endorsement on your drivers license.

They revoke your license because they don't want you on the road, why would they then turn around and let you back on the road.?

I have both and if one gets suspended, both are getting suspended.

It means, one is taking the other one down with itself, in the blaze of dmv fire..........:lol:

carnut726

Established Member
Get a traffic lawyer and have him try to get you a "work only" license. you can get them for a cost for just about any infractions except DUI.... even if it cost you a few thousand, it would be worth it.

anth6ny

Sloobra
Established Member
My license is suspended until I turn 21 (obvious huh) but NY gave me a conditional to get to school and work. I'm pretty sure NJ has a hardship license if you have a full time job and go to school full time but I guess that isn't an option for you. You should have spent $2,000 on a lawyer to save your license from the start. Do you have any relatives that you can work with and they can drive you? If you're not in school that means you have great availability and tons of places will take a high school graduate full time making at least $13/hr

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If you're not in school that means you have great availability and tons of places will take a high school graduate full time making at least $13/hr

I hope you are being sarcastic. If not, which are the tons of places that will pay $13/hr to someone with no skills and just a high school diploma?

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
Not poking fun at your situation AT ALL.......BUT.......

As I read your thread, I look at the top and what do I se for a random SVTP google ad....

"get your international drivers license now!"

Maybe ne of those would work? :)

Sorry, I just couldnt pass it up.....

anth6ny

Sloobra
Established Member
I hope you are being sarcastic. If not, which are the tons of places that will pay $13/hr to someone with no skills and just a high school diploma?

I work at Geico in subrogation and all I have is a hs diploma. I started in the mail room making 10.25/hr and now 16.50/hr. Geico has a few office in jersey but that was just an example

Common

Established Member
*Removed by Moderator*

No harm done. I made the same mistake before, but this thread was just a random thread for ALL donut shop visitors. I live in NJ like the op so I thought I'd take a peek and learn something I didnt know possibly.

:beer:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I work at Geico in subrogation and all I have is a hs diploma. I started in the mail room making 10.25/hr and now 16.50/hr. Geico has a few office in jersey but that was just an example

That is an example of one unique situation, but that is far from the norm.

rkomo

Herro, Mr. Itabashi here
Established Member
Get a license in NY 'before' you actually lose it in NJ. It may not follow you up to NY. You'd need to prove residence in Rockland etc. unless you have relatives there.

Nevermind, you already lost it...

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Get a license in NY 'before' you actually lose it in NJ. It may not follow you up to NY. You'd need to prove residence in Rockland etc. unless you have relatives there.

Except NY will take your NJ license and mail it back to NJ. NJ will note that and when his license comes up suspended in NJ, they will notify NY. Also, most states are connected to the interstate compact and the joint computer network that allows a state DMV the ability to search another state DMV records.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
We get this all the time a guy gets a DWI in jersey goes to NY and gets a NY license. The NY license is valid so when we stop a NY driver we run them in NJ if they are suspended it will come up. You can get a D.L. in any state if you take the driving exam if you move and surrender your license then all you have to take is the written.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
We get this all the time a guy gets a DWI in jersey goes to NY and gets a NY license. The NY license is valid so when we stop a NY driver we run them in NJ if they are suspended it will come up. You can get a D.L. in any state if you take the driving exam if you move and surrender your license then all you have to take is the written.

Guess he's SOL since the judge took his license

Spoyldrotn

SVT Poster
Established Member
Get a traffic lawyer and have him try to get you a "work only" license. you can get them for a cost for just about any infractions except DUI.... even if it cost you a few thousand, it would be worth it.

NJ does not have a "work only" license. If you lose it you are SOL. In this case an entire year. Furthermore, if you are caught and convicted you will receive "enhanced" penalties ($$$$$$) for Driving While Suspended. If you are involved in an accident, even if it is not your fault and you're DL is suspended, you really get the book thrown at you ($$$$).....including jail time!

My advice.........DON'T DRIVE for the period of your suspension. NJ police officers routinely run out-of-state driver's information through NJ databases. Often people have family in the state that they are visiting or they move back and get caught driving with a suspended NJ driving priviledge.

HMUSN

Established Member

Any warehouse to be honest.

NJ is in dire need of monkeys to push barrels in warehouses. We are very industrial here.

I made $12.50 for start pay for pushing insulation into trucks here a year ago so I am sure $13.00 would be at least the norm now.
I am sure I could come up with a pay stub if I had to.

STG

Banned

Christ, why are you sending him here so he can get caught driving without insurance?

The first form pdf on this page is the Wyoming Driver License application. Note the questions about ever being licensed in another state as well as suspension/revocation. http://dot.state.wy.us/Default.jsp?sCode=drvfm

Here' what the Wyoming Driver License Manual states:

Who cannot get a Wyoming driver license

Certain individuals may not get a Wyoming license.
They include:
• persons under 16 years of age;
• persons whose driving privileges are suspended, canceled,
denied or revoked in this or any other state (All applicants are checked through The Problem Driver
Pointer System and other electronic systems to make sure there are no adverse actions against them);
• persons who fail any portion of the required driver license examination;
• persons who have been judged legally incompetent;
• persons who are habitual users of alcohol or any controlled substance;
• persons who are in violation of the immigration laws of the United States.

Even the smallest police departments are connected to nationwide databases. I've heard more than one traffic stop radio call wherein dispatch notified the officer the subject had a suspended/revoked license in another state. The traffic stops didn't end well for the driver.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Christ, why are you sending him here so he can get caught driving without insurance?

The first form pdf on this page is the Wyoming Driver License application. Note the questions about ever being licensed in another state as well as suspension/revocation. http://dot.state.wy.us/Default.jsp?sCode=drvfm

Here' what the Wyoming Driver License Manual states:

Who cannot get a Wyoming driver license

Certain individuals may not get a Wyoming license.
They include:
• persons under 16 years of age;
• persons whose driving privileges are suspended, canceled,
denied or revoked in this or any other state (All applicants are checked through The Problem Driver
Pointer System and other electronic systems to make sure there are no adverse actions against them);
• persons who fail any portion of the required driver license examination;
• persons who have been judged legally incompetent;
• persons who are habitual users of alcohol or any controlled substance;
• persons who are in violation of the immigration laws of the United States.

Even the smallest police departments are connected to nationwide databases. I've heard more than one traffic stop radio call wherein dispatch notified the officer the subject had a suspended/revoked license in another state. The traffic stops didn't end well for the driver.

Since there are only five or six cops in all of Wyoming, his odds are pretty damned good. :dancenana:

STG

Banned
Since there are only five or six cops in all of Wyoming, his odds are pretty damned good. :dancenana:

Wanna bet?

DSC_2067_CODY-9-JAIL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread