Lost oil pressure the other night... :(

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
So the story:

I had a race lined up with a auto/stalled big single/nitrous supra on Saturday. Well On thursday I went up to the shop to go drive the car with the new found power so I could get use to it and just to see how bad it would spin etc..

I took the car out twice and both times the intake pipe was blown off under the boost pressure. Well when I went to crank it up for the 3rd time it was smoking like crazy. We saw that the scavage pump was not working so that friday the pump was replaced. Now mind you the car was right infront of the shop when it smoked and it was on for maybe 10 seconds smoking.

Put the new pump on and its fine, no smoke good to go.

Saturday I go to get my car and obviousely there is oil on the back of it from it smoking out the pipes so I clean it up etc and I figured with it smoking for a lil bit and a lil bit of oil lost after changing the scavage pump I would put 1/2 quart back in the motor.

Well later that night we met up at the "spot" and I went out for a test run. I had driven the car earlier on about 18 psi and it was just blowing off the 325-50-15's in second gear. So I dropped the pressure to 12psi in the tires and did a huge burnout getting onto the highway. Turned it up to about 23psi and now it was blowing the tires of at 90 MPH! I then turned it back down and made one last little test past and shut it down at about 110mph in 4th gear.

When I looked down at my guage cluster I noticed both my factory/aftermarket oil pressure guages showed no oil pressure, I turned the car off asap and coasted to a stop. Got the trailor there and had them bring me some oil.

Well I ended up putting 4 QUARTS OF OIL back into the motor on the side of the road, thats right 4 QUARTS.

Earlier that day I did not even think to check the oil level as I had no suspision I had really lost that much oil?? Now I have to pay for my dumbass mistake. :bash::bash: I really still don't see how I lost so much.

Im hoping for the best but I expect the worst.

coolguy10786

Established Member
Might of spun a main if it was that low on oil when running it hard. What pressure had it been reading?

Sorry to hear

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
sorry man, but you're definitely screwed.

sorry to hear about your misfortune.

How many miles did you have on the motor?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Well, poop happens. Sounds like your piston rings gave up the poop and you blew out all of your oil through your tail pipes. I had a buddy with a built 2002 Z06 who did the same thing. Except when his oil decided to flow like a bad Shart, he did all over the front of my Saleen getting on the freeway!

Good luck and hope you have her back up soon!

Nazman

Established Member
Darn, that sucks man.

I ALWAYS check my oil level every morning before I start my car. Its a 1 minute deal.

Hope the damage is minimal.

Naz

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
That sucks, Drew. I know how you must be feeling right now. Keep us posted and let us know what happened.

Is it possible you have a leak in one of your oil lines going to either turbo?

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Well, poop happens. Sounds like your piston rings gave up the poop and you blew out all of your oil through your tail pipes. I had a buddy with a built 2002 Z06 who did the same thing. Except when his oil decided to flow like a bad Shart, he did all over the front of my Saleen getting on the freeway!

Good luck and hope you have her back up soon!

Its not piston rings. The only time the car smoked what when the scavage pump burnt up, when we replaced the pump it stopped smoking...

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
That sucks, Drew. I know how you must be feeling right now. Keep us posted and let us know what happened.

Is it possible you have a leak in one of your oil lines going to either turbo?

I have thought about a leak but I don't ever recalls seeing ANY leaks/oil/antifreeze drops or spots from under the car?

2001asp

Established Member
Same thing happened to my pops 15 years ago. He had just installed a forged/blueprinted motor with a non-intercooler turbo set-up in an older VW Scirocco(spell). It had oil to start with, but after the first time he romped on it, the oil return line blew off its fitting at the oil pan. Then his new motor died...I know your story is different and I do feel bad for you....Good luck, Hope it will only be a small boo-boo...

Users who are viewing this thread