Lost on what kit to buy... VMP, or Whipple

mr 347

Established Member
Ive tried to search, no luck. The car is a 2012 GT500, and I live in CA. I dont understand alot about superchargers. The Whipple is a 2.9 and claims 750 hp, and the VMP is a 2.3 and claims 800, how does that work? What are the pros and cons of each kit? I would possibly be running e85 in the future. Thank you.

dntalman

Yella Terra
Established Member
They both make around the same. The VMP will make more tq while the Whipple may make a little more hp.. I run the VMP and can't be happier.

mr 347

Established Member
They both make around the same. The VMP will make more tq while the Whipple may make a little more hp.. I run the VMP and can't be happier.
Thank you so much, I have been hearing the same thing.
I called Lethal yesterday to ask the difference in the Whipple, and the Ford Racing, and they recommended the Whipple over the FR. I then brought up the VMP, and again they said most GT500 owners go Whipple. I have no idea why, maybe room to grow??? That VMP kit that VMP has seems like a great deal.

Zemedici

Established Member
Thank you so much, I have been hearing the same thing.
I called Lethal yesterday to ask the difference in the Whipple, and the Ford Racing, and they recommended the Whipple over the FR. I then brought up the VMP, and again they said most GT500 owners go Whipple. I have no idea why, maybe room to grow??? That VMP kit that VMP has seems like a great deal.

Precisely that. They will both make about the same power, however the potential of the whipple is greater due to its larger displacement. However for a fun street car either will do. We've seen some great power out of the TVS units.

MG0h3

Established Member
Depending on your goals, Id probably go VMP since youre at sea level. Were up at a little over 4k' here, and a guy here is spinning his TVS to the max and cant hit 20psi on a 4.6

mr 347

Established Member
Depending on your goals, Id probably go VMP since youre at sea level. Were up at a little over 4k' here, and a guy here is spinning his TVS to the max and cant hit 20psi on a 4.6
That is defiantly something to think about. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread