Lost to a Camaro....

colin450

Established Member
Yeah, I did :shrug:. Saw some Camaros hanging out in a lot on Sunday night, so I pulled in cause I recognized some of the cars. One I had ran before had an intake, full exhaust, and a cam. Fairly close race with him but I beat him.

Then I raced another one this past sunday, head, cam, intake, exhaust. He told me it has 450 hp which is hard for me to believe cause this thing pulled me so hard it was rediculous. We ran from 50 on the highway. This sound about right or was I getting BSed?

He was a cool guy and wasn't cocky or arrogant about it. I just find it hard to believe a 450 hp Camaro would beat my car so badly. Definitely a sick car regardless of mods. This thing was FAST.

Wasn't a new one BTW.

281CJ

Established Member
Guess it depends on how good the head/cam job is, if could have had LS2 or 3 heads, and a good cam. Let not forget they weigh less too.

Though for 450HP I would think you would have taken it, but that's just me.

colin450

Established Member
Guess it depends on how good the head/cam job is, if could have had LS2 or 3 heads, and a good cam. Let not forget they weigh less too.

Though for 450HP I would think you would have taken it, but that's just me.

Exactly what I was thinking. The 450hp is what's throwing me off. We both had passengers. And I think those thing weigh around 3600 pounds. My buddy who was with me claims to have seen him messing around in his trunk for a second after he put his T-tops on. 450hp with a shot of nitrous might make sense but he said it was N/A. No big deal regardless, just seein if anyone else has gone up against one similar.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Exactly what I was thinking. The 450hp is what's throwing me off. We both had passengers. And I think those thing weigh around 3600 pounds. My buddy who was with me claims to have seen him messing around in his trunk for a second after he put his T-tops on. 450hp with a shot of nitrous might make sense but he said it was N/A. No big deal regardless, just seein if anyone else has gone up against one similar.

Sounds like he had other goodies to pull you that hard.

Off topic But relative- 2 weeks ago a guy in a C5 was asking, "what have you done to that thing." I of course replied, she's bone stock. We went from a 40 go, pulled him like he had cement shoes...Know what I mean:rolling:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member

Off topic But relative- 2 weeks ago a guy in a C5 was asking, "what have you done to that thing." I of course replied, she's bone stock. We went from a 40 go, pulled him like he had cement shoes...Know what I mean:rolling:

:lol1:

Willie2

Established Member
he probably meant 450 on motor...plus the 200 shot = 650hp

"messing around in the trunk", lol. wonder what he was doing back there!

colin450

Established Member
what are your mods? Was heat soak a factor? Just hard to say without more info.

Pulley, intake, tune, cat-back (if that counts). I was driving around for a while so I'm sure heat soak could have helped. But that way this thing pulled I don't think I had a shot without a passenger and with zero heat soak.

I'm also guilty of pulling the "It only has a cat-back."

Last edited:

fastlif

Established Member
I bet he sprayed....or he had more motor than he is letting on.

Heat soak makes a BIG difference though.

chuckstang

Established Member

I would still call you stock, most people only care about power mods and it looks like you just have the CAI so stock is a fair statement

The C5 is just slow lol

sharke

Established Member
I got SPANKED by an LS1 the other day. Those cars have great drag racing suspension when they are set up right. He almost did a wheelie on the street with DRs.

fastlif

Established Member
I've been a GM man my whole life. Many vettes and most recently a 9 second ls1 camaro. I know what they are capable of, no way he pulled that hard with 400hp. Something just not adding up.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
nobody is going to mention that the GT500 needs to go on a diet! Those cars are insanely heavy compared to older body style Camaros so not sure what you expected. I don't consider any of the new Camaros or Shelbys to be anywhere near what a real street car should be, too heavy and the boost in power is needed just to move the damn thing but they are visually nice. I second the LS engine comment.

Users who are viewing this thread