Lots of new parts, going on Tuesday!!!

TheGovernment

Established Member
So with it being nice enough out now, I finally got the 08 out of storage and my goodies from BPS can finally go on! my list of parts going on is :

Mcleod RXT clutch
MGW 2 shifter
Dynatech DS
BMS Adjustable UCA
Scott Drake UCA mount
SS clutch lines
New 14" rear rotors and adaptor kit
New Hawk brake pads all around
2.4 pully
Blue belt

I've got 3 CF10 gunmetal rims, one came damaged, made a claim and have been waiting for a few weeks for the replacement.. Although Paul at Howey is taking Care of it, it's been almost 4 months and had a few issues with shipping a few times. Nitto invo's 315/35/20 and 275/35/20 are here.

Finished my black mamba hood a few days ago, I'm doing a complete polish tomorrow as well, then stripes to match the CF10 gunmetal rims... and once the clutch is broken in, it the 800hp kit from VMP.... gonna be a fun summer!! LOL

Heres a pic of the hood I finished (I'm a painter at a GM dealership) It fits really good, I didn;t get a SS hood since I've done a few for friends and the fitment is garbage, needs a ton of work, the mambe hood needed 1 1/4 inch shim and the striker to be moved down, thats it! beauty! here a pic before I cut and polish it, will post another one once it's polished and wnen I get the stripes on :

Oh, and I painted the chin spoiler today too, looks awful all beat up and grey.

G43pSH.jpg

Last edited:

TheGovernment

Established Member
I got my car back about a week ago from getting the parts put on, wowzers, what a difference that MGW2 shifter makes. That should be everyones #1 mod in the car. I only had one issue with the install, a few days later the top jamb nut on the UCA came loose and makes one heck of a strange noise lol. Got it tightened back up and car feels great. It's pretty hard not to drive like I stole it, I've got 100 miles of the 500 for break in.... urgh lol. Clutch doesn't make a peep, you'd never know the stocker isn't in there sound wise.

I'm ordering up a panhard, LCA's and a few other things tomorrow since the back end swings out to the left when I giver. Already did the 3.73's last year, so it almost 800hp VMP kit time!!

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Good to hear you're enjoying the new mods and taking your time to do it right! The only thing if recommend would be if you have E-85 in your area and you're thinking about running it, just go ahead and do that fuel upgrade at the same time as the VMP 800hp kit. If you're doing fuel mods anyway might as well spend a little extra so you have room to grow/options. I say this because I have the '13 injectors and will need to upgrade them again when I throw on headers or if I want to go E-85. I just hate buying parts twice....lol

TheGovernment

Established Member
Ya, no E85 here, the best we have is 94 octane, which is what I run. I got my JLT oil separators yesterday.... send me the wrong ones.... lol man, pretty much every single thing I've ordered has had issues. It been 5.5 months and I STILL don't have 4 rims, still waiting for my replacement rim.... I will never deal with Forgestar again, I'll tell you that. I've had my own company, if I sold someone something that was damaged, you'd better believe I'm putting them first to make it right. not waiting a month and a half for a single rim. Very frustrating.
After the 800hp kit from VMP, I'll be doing LT's and some more suspension stuff. Such a fun car to rip around in. When I sold my 86 Regal T-Type, I was pretty bummed, it was a 10 second car with 20K worth of parts put on, it would beat the hell out of my GT500 easly, I sold it to a buddy and that just can't continue lol

BPS and VMP have been solid though, great vendors.

TheGovernment

Established Member
Well, was hoping to get the VMP stage 2 kit but just got a great deal on some parts from BPS.

2014 takeoff TVS with 2.4 pulley
Ford 56's injectors.
2 x DW300m fuel pumps
JLT big air kit
VMP 67mm throttle body
Once spring rolls around, a set of 315/35/20 Nitto 05R since the invo's are insta spins at current power lol
and a bunch of smaller stuff...

Hopefully this summer swapping out the 6060 for a magnum or a possible auto kit. Looking forward to ripping it up!

Users who are viewing this thread