Loved Ones

LS WUT

Established Member
It’s hard to believe today marks the 2 year mark since my father has passed away. It’s wild to think about how fast time comes and goes from us. I guess I had a lot of time to think of him today when I was working on his motorcycle today, as many of you know we took a beating down here in Florida. Out of anything I own in this world, The most important things to me are my Shelby GT500 and my fathers Triumph Rocket III Roadster. My only concerns during this storm were those two things. During the storm my sister came and told me that the motorcycle tent was getting blown away. My heart sank, the only thing I could think about was my fathers motorcycle. I ran outside as fast as I could only to watch the wind blown the tent over and take the motorcycles with it. The only thing that came to my mind was please let the motorcycle be okay. All of the other motorcycles were damaged, and pretty beat up, fairings broken etc. However the Triumph made it out with minor scuffs, and one small dent on the front tire fender. In hindsight it was a miracle to me. At the time my GT500 wasn’t with me, it was at my Ladyfriends house. A tree had fallen right next to it. I’m not one to say my Father was looking out for me, and the things we loved. However my house never lost power, and relatively managed to come out damage free. The fact the tree missed the GT500 makes me so happy. I guess maybe for me it’s my way of holding onto him and thinking maybe he’s still watching over me. This one’s for you pops, you will always be my bestfriend. Thanks for everything you did for me, and continue to do. Cherish your loved ones gents, you never know when tomorrow may not come.

Attachments

• CADCF13A-8798-48E6-B3A1-BF2DF147864C.jpeg
    CADCF13A-8798-48E6-B3A1-BF2DF147864C.jpeg
    342.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 1EB85A5B-074D-41BA-8E99-797E4BF0DE9F.jpeg
    1EB85A5B-074D-41BA-8E99-797E4BF0DE9F.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 110

LS WUT

Established Member
Glad the bike and car came out alright and glad the house was relatively unscathed. Sorry for the loss of your Dad.

Not looking forward to the day my father passes.
Thank you sir, I’m very blessed to have not been affected to the extent the rest of my Florida friends were. Appreciate the kind words. It’s a sad part of life, my mother passed away when I was 9 due to cancer as well. As luck would have it nearly 20 years down to the day my father passed away from the same. Life sure has its moments. He would always quote Winnie the Pooh. “You never know how special a moment is, until it becomes a memory.”

Zemedici

Established Member
Thank you for sharing, man. And as stated what a great tribute.

My girl lost her dad when she was 18, and they were very very close. Her and his thing was rainbows, so everytime she sees one i see her eyes light up, and she has a moment.

Two years ago I’m driving us down to Savannah, and I’ve got her ring in my pocket, I’m going to propose to her.

Well, we see two rainbows all the way across the sky. She gets super excited and takes a bunch of pictures. I had to play it cool the whole time, knowing what was coming to be. Afterwards, i reminded her of the rainbows on the trip down. She goes ‘yeah he was giving you his blessing’ JESUS WHOS CUTTING ONIONS IN HERE.

Your dad is very proud of you, man. And he’s always with you, remember that.

Her losing her father really opened my eyes to treating my parents right, as they won’t always be here:

Much love homie

LS WUT

Established Member
Thank you for sharing, man. And as stated what a great tribute.

My girl lost her dad when she was 18, and they were very very close. Her and his thing was rainbows, so everytime she sees one i see her eyes light up, and she has a moment.

Two years ago I’m driving us down to Savannah, and I’ve got her ring in my pocket, I’m going to propose to her.

Well, we see two rainbows all the way across the sky. She gets super excited and takes a bunch of pictures. I had to play it cool the whole time, knowing what was coming to be. Afterwards, i reminded her of the rainbows on the trip down. She goes ‘yeah he was giving you his blessing’ JESUS WHOS CUTTING ONIONS IN HERE.

Your dad is very proud of you, man. And he’s always with you, remember that.

Her losing her father really opened my eyes to treating my parents right, as they won’t always be here:

Much love homie
Appreciate you taking the time to share your story as well man. I’m sorry about her loss, however I’m also glad she has ways to remind herself of him. What a great moment to remember indeed! Who IS cutting onions in here! Much love to you my friend! Now come down here so we can ride my water logged motorcycles together !

LS WUT

Established Member
I read this last night after I had got home from my parents and because of this I'm going back today.

My in-box is open if you need a ear.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I’m really glad to hear that, that makes me smile to hear sir. Wish them happy health, and a long life of memories still for make. I appreciate that, I’ll keep that in mind for sure.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Sometimes I wish I knew what it was like to give a **** about your own parents.

I’m just wanting for the call that mine die so I can know they won’t try to pop back up.

My luck is zombies become real

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
This came up at an interesting time. I just got news my mother was diagnosed with stage 3 possibly 4 kidney disease which is not curable. At her age (62) she has roughly 10 years left before complete kidney failure. She’s the type of person to always eat healthy and she exercises every single day. So it’s kind of a gut punch.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If we could only keep our parents around in good health forever.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
It's weird.

I say this about our dogs. I'd give up all my material stuff, just to have my dogs live a very long life.

My wife's dad passed away November of 2019 from cancer. Her mother passed away back in 2004 from cancer. Her dad was ready to go. My wife struggled a lot more with the death of our 15 year old beagle than she did with her Dad.

She often questions this and asks if something is wrong with her. I say no, our dogs are our kids.

@LS WUT that's an awesome bike, and that's coming from a non bike guy. Definitely cherish it!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

LS WUT

Established Member
It's weird.

I say this about our dogs. I'd give up all my material stuff, just to have my dogs live a very long life.

My wife's dad passed away November of 2019 from cancer. Her mother passed away back in 2004 from cancer. Her dad was ready to go. My wife struggled a lot more with the death of our 15 year old beagle than she did with her Dad.

She often questions this and asks if something is wrong with her. I say no, our dogs are our kids.

@LS WUT that's an awesome bike, and that's coming from a non bike guy. Definitely cherish it!

I’m terribly sorry to hear about the death of her parents. That’s a terrible thing to lose them both. It doesn’t matter how old you’re. It never get easier. I can assure you when Brianna goes ( my pitbull) people will see a side of me they’ve never seen. This dog has helped me more ways than I’d like to admit. I have to confess I did something when I was younger, it was right around the time my ladyfriend of 5 years, my high school sweetheart had a miscarriage. I was blamed for it, and we ended up fighting so much we ended up splitting. Being a stupid kid I wanted to end my life I thought it was the end all be all. I did something I wasn’t proud of, I ended up slicing my wrist really deep and I ended up falling asleep. I woke up to my brother with a towel over my wrist, and my dog crying laying on my chest. I vowed from that moment on I’d live the rest of my life for her. Giving her the best life I could. Sorry to turn this post into something weird! Thanks for the kind words @Bdubbs

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m terribly sorry to hear about the death of her parents. That’s a terrible thing to lose them both. It doesn’t matter how old you’re. It never get easier. I can assure you when Brianna goes ( my pitbull) people will see a side of me they’ve never seen. This dog has helped me more ways than I’d like to admit. I have to confess I did something when I was younger, it was right around the time my ladyfriend of 5 years, my high school sweetheart had a miscarriage. I was blamed for it, and we ended up fighting so much we ended up splitting. Being a stupid kid I wanted to end my life I thought it was the end all be all. I did something I wasn’t proud of, I ended up slicing my wrist really deep and I ended up falling asleep. I woke up to my brother with a towel over my wrist, and my dog crying laying on my chest. I vowed from that moment on I’d live the rest of my life for her. Giving her the best life I could. Sorry to turn this post into something weird! Thanks for the kind words @Bdubbs
It's all good man, we all go through some dark tough times. It's great to hear that you turned things around. People can be so evil. Probably why I like dogs so much.

They also have good senses, like Brianna did for you. If we as humans could just be half as good as dogs, we'd all be in a better place.

Users who are viewing this thread