Low Friction Gears?

Speedboosted

Established Member
How many of you guys in here run or have had experience with low friction polished gear sets? We installed a set that Weir Racing sells just before the Texas Mile on my boss' car and I couldn't believe the difference it made. The only "measurable" difference I noticed (as the car had a lot of other major changes during the gear swap) was the effort required to turn the diff, which was at least twice as easy compared to the stock gears

I was pretty skeptical about these in the beginning and made fun of my boss for ordering $700 gears and bearings, but after seeing the difference they made I'd say they are worth it. We've got another couple sets coming our way as we speak. And no, Jordan didn't ask me to go advertise for him, I just think they are that awesome other people should know if they haven't heard of them yet! I know Jay and a few other guys have some so maybe they can chime in as well.

Link to gears. (Let me know if this is allowed Tob)
http://www.weirracing.com/product/weir-racing-low-friction-8-8-gear-and-bearing-set-s197/

Last edited:

railroad

Established Member
I think NASCAR teams use this in their cars. Van at Revan Racing did a little testing on the rear axle gears, I think. He might be able to pass along some info and results on this this.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Are the axle bearings treated too or just the carrier and pinion bearings?

96gt02

Established Member
Wow these look pretty awesome, i wish i had known about them

Users who are viewing this thread