Low Profile IRS Bolts

Fast Willy

Established Member
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know where I can get some low profile IRS bolts at? I know some people have shaved them down in the past, I just don't want to go down that road.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
http://www.lethalperformance.com/ma...bolts-2.html?gclid=CJrbm6zric4CFRIoaQodVbEPfQ

I suggest just grinding/ shaving down ur stock bolts. The low profile bolts are known to strip easily. I used the low profile bolts about 2 years ago. Both went in no problems. Fast forward to about 3 months ago I went to remove them so I could swap out my irs and one came out fine and the other stripped. That being said just grind down the stock bolts. I did that and am currently running them with no problems

Fast Willy

Established Member
Thanks guys, I ordered a set from American Muscle any ways. I guess if I have an issue with these I will grind the stock ones but I like that these have a rounded head to them.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Thanks guys, I ordered a set from American Muscle any ways. I guess if I have an issue with these I will grind the stock ones but I like that these have a rounded head to them.

Just use a quality hex head socket. I have found that the cheap Chinese hex heads are not made to the same tolerances as the higher end tools. When it was time to install mine I tried my Craftsman hex head socket and it felt lose in the MM low profile bolt. Then we tried the same size Snap-On hex head socket, and it fit in the MM low profile bolt very tight. You wouldn't think there would be a difference but there was. I can understand why some of these low profile bolts have been rounded.

Fast Willy

Established Member
Just use a quality hex head socket. I have found that the cheap Chinese hex heads are not made to the same tolerances as the higher end tools. When it was time to install mine I tried my Craftsman hex head socket and it felt lose in the MM low profile bolt. Then we tried the same size Snap-On hex head socket, and it fit in the MM low profile bolt very tight. You wouldn't think there would be a difference but there was. I can understand why some of these low profile bolts have been rounded.

Good to note. Thanks for the heads up

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
http://www.lethalperformance.com/ma...bolts-2.html?gclid=CJrbm6zric4CFRIoaQodVbEPfQ

I suggest just grinding/ shaving down ur stock bolts. The low profile bolts are known to strip easily. I used the low profile bolts about 2 years ago. Both went in no problems. Fast forward to about 3 months ago I went to remove them so I could swap out my irs and one came out fine and the other stripped. That being said just grind down the stock bolts. I did that and am currently running them with no problems

This!

Users who are viewing this thread