Low RPM tranny noise?

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Haven't seen this mentioned. Below like 1500 RPM, it makes a sort of diesel sound under acceleration, though nowhere near as loud as a diesel. Doesn't affect performance, but it doesn't sound right either. Anyone else notice this?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
mine has a growl to it as well. It became even more noticable after the tri-ax install where I didnt use an isolator between handle and shifter. I pretty sure its normal, while the T56 is functional most people have plenty of complaints about it, noise being one of them.

Voice of Reason

Established Member
Yep, I got the noise too. At first I was worried something may be wrong but it seems normal.

i8u

Established Member
Yep it is the rock crusher that ford forgot to take out of the design.;-)

It is normal.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by Shadowgray03
mine has a growl to it as well. It became even more noticable after the tri-ax install where I didnt use an isolator between handle and shifter. I pretty sure its normal, while the T56 is functional most people have plenty of complaints about it, noise being one of them.

exactly when it started for me...my dealership told me that noise was normal and not to worry about it unless the sound gets worse.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Be glad if that's the only sound you've got. Typically we have a chorus of noise - some louder than others. LOL! I'm used to it now. I STILL love this car!!
:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread