Lower Intake Manifold

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
I've been reading about a short runner lower intake that a member on here makes, however I haven't seen any aftermarket companies offering one. Any short runner lower intakes being sold by aftermarket companies?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Sean Hyland used to make them back in the day. No idea if they still do.

Honestly, I 100% support na svt's intake, having had him do one for me in the past. Todd does awesome work, and stands behind his work too.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
No, nobody sells a shortrunner version.

Well, I take that back. MMR sells their intake for B-heads but it's not practical for our motors and is VERY expensive for the "gains" it supposedly provides.

Much cheaper and much better gains by having the runners in the stock intake shortened 1.5" and bellmouths welded back on. My shortrunner was built by Todd (na svt) and I couldn't be happier with it. The gains in power could definitely be felt, especially closer to redline. Only other mod that gave me a good seat of the pants feel was going from 3.55's to 4.10s.

Last edited:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
They do pop up in the market. Keep looking, you'll get one!

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
I would ask Na SVT. I'm pretty sure he gets busy, with many people messaging him (and dont forget from different forums), and current employer. Just be patient, no one is better at knowing our b head intakes. Just a little wait!

All those other $1000+ intakes, I wouldnt waste my money on.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Make sure it is indeed a shortrunner made by Todd, not just another intake with with the runners cut down and nothing else done.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Todd has a facebook page that details tbe process. It's possible to DIY with some patience.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
How can you tell. It is from forum member Shake&Bake.
Raised floor. The material used and the way it was made matches na svt's guide and final results.

However, a buddy of mine made one recently and it came out great. You just need the proper tools and anybody can do it. Just takes time for the epoxy to fully cure.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Raised floor. The material used and the way it was made matches na svt's guide and final results.

However, a buddy of mine made one recently and it came out great. You just need the proper tools and anybody can do it. Just takes time for the epoxy to fully cure.

Not all of them have a raised floor, it just depends on how short the runners are. My runners were cut 1.5" but the floor was left alone, just did some cleaning up of the rough casting. Mine was done by Todd also and the work he did is great. He also cleaned up the intake runners were they meet the intake casing on the head mating side.

OP, make sure that the runners have the belled ends welded back onto the runners. Also, you don't want an intake with very short runners, you will lose lowend power with very short runners on a stock motor.

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
This is from the seller:

It was painted black on the outside(professionally) and the work was done by NA SVT. Shorten 1.5, valley raised and smoothed, and the bell mouths welded on...basically the full treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread