Lower Pulley Dyno Numbers

Muchman

Established Member
Had the car tuned on Saturday by Ford Chip at MCRacing in KC.

Mods are as follows + 91 oct.

Bassani X-pipe (no cats)
Bassani Cat Back
AR CAI
6lbs lower

First pull, base line factory tune

406.8 RWH
413.1 RWT

Second pull, with Ford Chip Tune

441.8 RWH
451.9 RWT

The way the car pulls going through the gears is just plain crazy!

I have the DYNO sheet but can't get it to attach. It says I have already posted the file?

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Nice Numbers,,Simple setup and making good power..
Sounds like a good tune has your setup working...

Congrats..

jim v.

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
So is the first pull just the stock car with no mods? Or is the first pull all of the mods but no chip?

Muchman

Established Member
First pull is with mods, with stock program. I wll try to repost my dyno sheet tomorrow so you can see the dfferances between the two.

Muchman

Established Member
Dyno Graph--all comments welcome. Why is it so choppy above 5500 RPM? Spark blow out?

Last edited:

BOOOOST

Established Member
SAE? what was the smoothing factor input? Probably 3. Using 5 would have cleared up that chop. Most likely harmonic vibration from the dyno is all that is. Your afr looks great; steady 11.8 across nearly! Good job I'd say.

abailey269

Established Member
Nice numbers and more power is definitely attainable with your current set up. Your A/F is definitely on the safe side. A lot of guys on here are running 12.8-13.1 A/F daily with no problems. If you were to have them lean it out a tad you could gain a good bit more power. 441whp must feel good as hell!

BOOOOST

Established Member
Originally posted by abailey269
Nice numbers and more power is definitely attainable with your current set up. Your A/F is definitely on the safe side. A lot of guys on here are running 12.8-13.1 A/F daily with no problems. If you were to have them lean it out a tad you could gain a good bit more power. 441whp must feel good as hell!

Nothing against you, but that is extremely bad advice. 12.8 to 13.1 is a HORRIBLE afr to run on a blown application, especially these Cobras and Lightnings. That afr you gave is for a N/A vehicle. Eventually those who are running a *true* 12.8 to 13.1 will find out the hard way.

Do not trust a Dynojet's wideband tailpipe sniffer on these Cobra's, especially ones with high flow cats. They show anywhere from 1 to 1.5 points leaner than a true bung style wideband meter (proved this 5 times now).

Also, if they leaned his vehicle out from where it is now, I can bet you it would not gain anymore than 5 rwhp (been there, done that, proved it), so why risk it.

mosconiac

Established Member
The A/F takes a dive at same time the curve gets choppy. My first instinct is spark blow out (the fuel isn't being ignited effectively...its not being consumed...leaving more fuel in the exhaust leading to a fatter reading).

Whaddya think of my logic?

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
I think your A/F looks perfect. Take a look at mine ;)

redfireaf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread