Lower Pulley Selection what PSI??

SVTJES

Established Member
Hello all,

Well as I am fairly new to this supercharger on the L (I had a N/A Dakota R/T) What is a safe pulley to run on the L? I really want the motor to last and do not want reliability issues. I have been looking at different chips, and definitly want the Factory Tech Valve body, but was considering a 2lb pulley just to max out the guage. I have also heard that the 4 lb and 6 lb pulley run awesome on the L's. Let me know you opinions and long term tests of the 4 and 6 lb pulleys. This is a great board, and better designed than the dodgedakotas.com board was!

Thanks,

John:)

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Hi John. Welcome aboard. You are right to go with the valve body. I'm running a 6LBer. You need to get a chip to match your mods. I started with the 4 LBer. Changed the the 6 in less than a month. :beer: Boost is addictive.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Go with a ten pound lower pulley and a two pound upper pulley. And you dont need a chip with that either :D

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Go with a ten pound lower pulley and a two pound upper pulley. And you dont need a chip with that either :D

I think a metal ruler across the knuckels is in order :bash: :bash:
But yes I want a fresh engine to so I can start all over again.:rollseyes :rollseyes

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
I am running a 2# with my stage 1 and have had no problems, but like Larry said, boost is addictive. I bought the cageless style, and the extra noise is awesome!! Planning on getting a 4# or 6# when I get back from Korea next year!!

Like was said already, make sure you get a really good tune to go with any pulley bigger than 2#s.

SVTJES

Established Member
I am a huge fan of supercharger noise! Is the boost guage off or should my truck be reading 10 PSI when at WOT down the highway. It is not a spike in the guage, it holds 10 PSI well over 100 MPH. Wondering if this is due to the extra air through the cold air kit causing an increase in pressure at higher speeds? I thought 8 PSI was stock?

John

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The cooler less humid weather will tend to give more compression and more boost. But the stock boost gauge is crap.

SVTJES

Established Member
I figured, it is a fairly warm day today 73 degrees and slightly humid, but the guage seems off to me. Well at least it looks impressive!

John

Users who are viewing this thread