Lowered Car, Why so uneven??? (PICS)

joel3431

Brain Terminated.
Established Member
Ok so I had a shop put on H&R sport lowering springs I ordered from Lethal and MM castor camber plates. The front is a little lower than I thought it would be, and the rear is much much higher. Anyone ran into this. Stock Iso's all around.. Will taking out rear iso's fix this or?? bad idea??
DSC_0362.jpg

NewDuuude

Established Member
Woah, thats gnarly rake!!
Definitely remove rear isos and i'd check to make sure the front springs are seated properly.
Looks too low in the front for those springs.

Dawgstang

Established Member
I have no ISO's in the rear and just top ISO's in the front and car sits nearly level with H&R race springs.

NewDuuude

Established Member
Well like the springs are oriented and turned the same way they were when you took the stockers out.

Also don't rule out the possibility of getting the wrong springs.
Might pull the wheels and take pics of the part numbers and post em up.

joel3431

Brain Terminated.
Established Member
If I just took the Iso's out the rear would it be right then? That would require another alignment I assume.

starnsey

Established Member
Yeah, pretty sure its not supposed to be that way. I would definitely check the clocking of the springs. Make sure the rear spring has the end of the coil over the drain hole in the control arm...I think its similar in the front as well. But that it is not supposed to be raked like that unless the springs are mismatched or something

NewDuuude

Established Member
Would be extremely helpful if someone can post a pic showing correct spring placement

joel3431

Brain Terminated.
Established Member
Guys I get the spring placment, I am overseas deployed so I can verify myself. However the guy has owned his own shop for over 30 years, I think he knows what hes doing. Also if front wasnt "seated" properlly it would make the fron higher, correct?

gabe1530

Banned
i would take the rear iso's out. that will help level it out. also, the rear 295 tires do play a role in the rake.

joel3431

Brain Terminated.
Established Member
^thats what I was thinking. I'll have the wife put it in the grass also, I think the driveway has a bit of a dip/ decline incline their. I was not expecting the front to be that low, lets see how speed bumps are lol. I'm guessing a 1/2" drop still requires a realignment correct?

01BLOWN2V

Comp O
Established Member
I have h&r race springs all around with top isos removed. The front of your car looks like it sits right with these springs but the rears look like there not seated right..like people said you can try removing the isos an see if that makes a difference. It would help if you could somehow post a picture up of the rear springs just to get a little Better idea maybe.

85525372-dfe7-4343-a37c-6e2a618d46ca_zpsac9de54e.jpg

joel3431

Brain Terminated.
Established Member
Roger that. I'm going black wheels also. cant decide between cobra reps. or saleens.. So plan is to wait till I get home and fix myself. Something is wrong. Maybe wrong springs maybe not seated right or w.e But noone elses setup looks like this. I dont know why i trusted anyone to work on it in the first place. cost me 350 to get springs and MM plates installed.. I should be more patient.

01BLOWN2V

Comp O
Established Member
Roger that. I'm going black wheels also. cant decide between cobra reps. or saleens.. So plan is to wait till I get home and fix myself. Something is wrong. Maybe wrong springs maybe not seated right or w.e But noone elses setup looks like this. I dont know why i trusted anyone to work on it in the first place. cost me 350 to get springs and MM plates installed.. I should be more patient.

I think we're all that way when we get parts we just wanna install them right away lol. Black saleens or black cobra reps will look real good with yellow. If you can tint the windows will make it look a lot better to. But it's the shops screw up if they installed the rears wrong so I would take the car back & see what they can do

joel3431

Brain Terminated.
Established Member
Ya, I'll see if the wife can get a picture, somehow through wheels or w.e and see if I can see anything. I'm assuming I cant see how it's seated without wheel off etc.

Users who are viewing this thread