Lowered Cobra....now one side is 1/2 higher?

03COBRA-88

Established Member
I lowered my cobra about 3 weeks ago. All the springs settled and eveything looks good till you take a look at the driver side rear. It's sitting about 1/2 inch higher than the passenger side rear. I will be having it looked at sometime next week to make sure the spring was installed correctly. I have searched online and some people say to drive it around, but I don't think thats going to help.(I've driven it twice since it was lowered) I have also read that others have take isolaters out on the one side, but I don't want to do that. Has anyone else had this problem with there cobra?

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Did you measure it with a tape?

Yes and before I measured it I could clearly see it was higher than the other side.

Just went and measured the car all around. Fronts are both 26.50. Passenger rear is 27.25 and the driver side rear is 27.75. Now is the passenger rear too low or is the driver side rear too high? :shrug:

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Yes and before I measured it I could clearly see it was higher than the other side.

Just went and measured the car all around. Fronts are both 26.50. Passenger rear is 27.25 and the driver side rear is 27.75. Now is the passenger rear too low or is the driver side rear too high? :shrug:

H&R race with prothane MM Isos...IRS??
Same measurements as mine.
You are correct; the Driver's side rear is too high.
.75" rear, 1.5" front.

Make sure Rear spring Pigtail starts at the little e-brake cable tab/connector of the LCA...with a little gap on the iso groove....temporarily stuff a bottle jack handle end in iso groove and the pigtail end to keep spring from rotating as you tighten (jack) the spring up into position.

MM pdf spring install instruction (not the H&R instructions) show pics of the proper rear spring orientation.

NOTE: PM sent. I'm not finding the instruction for MM IRS springs on their site. You could contact MM for a copy or I could send a copy to you myself...this is the same question I had for MM tech help and I think that's how I got my copy of the instructions.

Essentially pigtail should start at the lowest point on the LCA.

expect a possile 1/4 " difference maybe anyway..at first.

If not an IRS..I still suspect orientation of the spring on the rear driver's side.

Last edited:

03COBRA-88

Established Member
H&R race with prothane MM Isos...IRS??
Same measurements as mine.
You are correct; the Driver's side rear is too high.
.75" rear, 1.5" front.

Make sure Rear spring Pigtail starts at the little e-brake cable tab/connector of the LCA...with a little gap on the iso groove....temporarily stuff a bottle jack handle end in iso groove and the pigtail end to keep spring from rotating as you tighten (jack) the spring up into position.

MM pdf spring install instruction (not the H&R instructions) show pics of the proper rear spring orientation.

NOTE: PM sent. I'm not finding the instruction for MM IRS springs on their site. You could contact MM for a copy or I could send a copy to you myself...this is the same question I had for MM tech help and I think that's how I got my copy of the instructions.

Essentially pigtail should start at the lowest point on the LCA.

expect a possile 1/4 " difference maybe anyway..at first.

If not an IRS..I still suspect orientation of the spring on the rear driver's side.

Yes H&R race with mm isos and irs. Thanks for the information. Pm sent

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
I know someone already said to drive it around but have you actually done that yet? Most of the time the springs aren't seated correctly and you have to do some driving to get them to wiggle into the right position, especially if you still have all iso's in. Drive it around, take some hard turns drive over lane reflectors in the road for a little bit and see if that helps at all.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
I know someone already said to drive it around but have you actually done that yet? Most of the time the springs aren't seated correctly and you have to do some driving to get them to wiggle into the right position, especially if you still have all iso's in. Drive it around, take some hard turns drive over lane reflectors in the road for a little bit and see if that helps at all.

Weather is going to be nice this weekend so I will drive around then. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread