Lowering springs for the Boss?

NJSP117

Established Member
I'm considering lowering my 13 Boss, but not sure what springs to go with. I love the ride on the stock springs, but I don't like the way the car sits.
On my GT500, I used the Ford Racing L springs and the car looked great, but since the Boss springs are more tuned to the track, I'm not sure what to replace them with to get a comparable ride.
A friend had suggested taking the springs out and cutting off one rotation of the rear springs and reinstalling them. But I'm unsure of what that will do to the spring rate etc. He thinks it won't matter since the spring will just be shorter...but again, I'd rather use something that was designed for the particular car. Let me know your thoughts as to what spring to go with.
I realize I need the panhard etc...
Thanks!

Grant808

Established Member
You can't just cut a coil off on these springs. It won't sit properly in either top or bottom perch.

If you are trying to match the rate of the stock rear springs, I think the BMRs might be the closest.

straightliner1

Established Member
Eibach and Steeda both offer a set of Boss-specific lowering springs...
I thought I read somewhere that FRPP had a set also, but I'm unable to find them.

bpmurr

Established Member
I thought I read somewhere that FRPP had a set also, but I'm unable to find them.

The FRPP ones are vapor ware at the moment.

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
I put the BMR on my 2013 Boss and they are great. the car sits perfect and the ride quality was not diminished

NJSP117

Established Member
You can't just cut a coil off on these springs. It won't sit properly in either top or bottom perch.

If you are trying to match the rate of the stock rear springs, I think the BMRs might be the closest.

Thanks. I'll take a look a the BMRs. I've heard good things about them.

NJSP117

Established Member

I heard the same thing....but then I heard they were not coming out for a few months....

The FRPP ones are vapor ware at the moment.

Any idea of the part number?

KBBoss302

Established Member
Hey NJSP117 - call Sam Strano. He steered me towards regular Steeda Ultralites on my 2012 Boss and they dropped the car to pretty much a perfect level and stiffened it up substantially without being ridiculous. I was very happy with them but be aware that they definitely firmed up the ride - I didn't mind but I'm kind of crazy!

Although I now have a '13 Laguna and just ordered some FRPP 'P' springs which I hope to get installed next week. We'll see.

John

guarnibl

Established Member
^^ Call Sam. He will get you what you want/need. He knows his shit.

I'm going to be running Koni yellow struts/shocks front/rear with Steeda comp springs. On top of that I'll be running swano sway bars and the fays2 watts link. Also relocating/installing new LCA's (spherical) as well as a new third link mount / third arm. And of course, tires (pilot super sports or nitto's on 18" BBS fords). At this point just spacing things out so I can enjoy / understand the difference between each upgrade rather than doing everything at once.

Last edited:

2013Boss302

Established Member
Here are the Hotchkis springs on my Boss 302

20121010_112046.jpg

NJSP117

Established Member
Hey NJSP117 - call Sam Strano. He steered me towards regular Steeda Ultralites on my 2012 Boss and they dropped the car to pretty much a perfect level and stiffened it up substantially without being ridiculous. I was very happy with them but be aware that they definitely firmed up the ride - I didn't mind but I'm kind of crazy!

Although I now have a '13 Laguna and just ordered some FRPP 'P' springs which I hope to get installed next week. We'll see.

John

Looks like quite a few people are running the FRPP P springs and seem to be happy with them.
Is there anyone out there that has NOT had a good experience with the FRPP P springs? Seems like a good price and I'm not looking for a harsh ride or a crazy drop. Seems like an inch should do it....

86Fbody

Established Member
Looks like quite a few people are running the FRPP P springs and seem to be happy with them.
Is there anyone out there that has NOT had a good experience with the FRPP P springs? Seems like a good price and I'm not looking for a harsh ride or a crazy drop. Seems like an inch should do it....

I haven't yet ordered anything from them, but check out Capaldi racing, they seem to have the best price on FRPP stuff.

KBBoss302

Established Member
I got the FRPP 'P' springs installed today on my '13 LS. It is a subtle but noticeable drop, the ride seems as good or even better than stock (same shock settings for now). I already prefer them over the Steeda Ultralites I had on my '12 Boss (they were maybe a touch too stiff and visually the car sat too low in the back). I've only had a chance to push it through a few fast corners but it felt great, very settled even over some bumps.

If someone can post my photos on this website, I can email them.

John

BUCKET

Established Member
I am running the "P" springs on mine as well. I am satisfied with them, good ride and not slammed but lowered

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
i used BMR and am very happy with them. springs and cut bump stops is all i did. Car doesn't ride much different. should probably add i've never been on a track and probably never will be.
B2F67431-9144-4A22-BBBC-8C1D920E12B2-49894-000041D5616B3BF4.jpg

B7BlownSnake

Established Member

I love the P springs on my Boss (I installed them along with FRPP bump stops). It looks better, with a noticable but not crazy drop. No tucking tire or anything! The ride is definitely better, and the handling feels better as well since the rear rolls noticably less. Get the P springs and you won't be disappointed!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread