Lowering The Shelby with current wheels/tires

Pauliejr

Established Member
I recently picked up a set of HRE F001 Rims 20x9.5 20x10.5

I went with 285/35/20 on the front and 305/35/20 on The rears (wants a little more meat)

I believe the team wheels are a +45mm offset

May question is, can I lower the vehicle at all give I went with a 35 rear tire over a 30 rear tire? And with the offset I have?

I do not want to slam it, however I do want a small drop for performance and cosmetic purposes.

If any more information is needed I can provide it.

For the record I am running BFG g-force comp 2 a/s

PM-Performance

Established Member
35 series tires will deff fill the wheel well up more. It will clear fine as long as the offset is correct.
I am lowered on Steeda sports on my 07 with 305-35/20’s and clears fine.
Even seeing it on hard launches I have not seen any indication of rubbing

Ohio Snake

Established Member
What year Shelby?

Performance package?

I have a ‘12 with same tire size as you , but running GY 3R on a SVT performance package car. I left suspension stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fearthesnake

Established Member
I have the Eibach Sportline spring but running the 305/30/20 Nitto and Vossen VFS6 Rims.

With the 35s, I would think the Eibach Pro Kit (less drop) would be a perfect fit.

Pauliejr

Established Member
sorry for the lack of info ( was a phone post)

i have a 14 gt500 with the svt track package.

the wheels I'm running now are listed above and i believe the offset i posted is correct as well.

merkyworks

Established Member
Are you worried about the front and rear or just the rear?

Short answer is yes you can lower a little bit and still be okay.

More in depth......

Front - Basically same width/offset as OEM, 285/35/20's are taller diameter than OEM tires but will fit just fine. Adding some camber plates and -1.5 to -2.0 degress of camber wouldn't hurt and would look and perform better.

Rear - Your rear wheels are wider 305/35/20's are taller diameter than OEM tires but will fit just fine. An adjustable panhard bar to make sure the rear is centered wouldn't hurt.

My car is running a slightly different wheel setup than yours and I'm on Eibach Sport line springs, zero issues with rubbing in the front and only slight rubbing (inside frame rail) in the rear when going up off camber driveways. I have zero issues with fender rubbing, front and rear wheel fit inside fenders when suspensions is fully compressed.
Setup is Front 20x10 -285/35/20, Rear 20x11 -315/35/20 with OEM SVTPP suspension. Don't have any with lowering springs and -2 degrees of camber but just imagine the body sitting 3/4"-1" lower and front wheels tucked in at the top more.
2018-03-04 at 16-39-15.JPG
2018-03-04 at 16-40-47.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread