ls2 GTO vs STI

redocmach1

Established Member
that didnt seem right...my buddy has a 6 speed ls2 gto with... longtube's, full exhaust, intake, tune, and weight reduction (he dynoed 372/274) and ran side by side and pulled a little on a 380 awhp evo with upgraded turbo...his gto is fast!

here:View My Video

that gto in ur vid was not very loud, and/or that sti was modded to all hell...gto shuda walked it better...maybe its the a4 that slows it down?:shrug:

Last edited:

JD_Z28

Established Member
redocmach1 said:
that didnt seem right...my buddy has a 6 speed ls2 gto with... longtube's, full exhaust, intake, tune, and weight reduction (he dynoed 372/274) and ran side by side and pulled a little on a 380 awhp evo with upgraded turbo...his gto is fast!

that gto in ur vid was not very loud, and/or that sti was modded to all hell...gto shuda walked it better...maybe its the a4 that slows it down?:shrug:

The A4's tend to be slower on the highway, they just don't have the gearing like the M6's.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
He should have started in 2nd by manually downshifting the auto. It seems like the evo got the jump while his auto decided to downshift.

puredrive

Established Member
redocmach1 said:

well a lot of people lie about their numbers. the guy told us he had about 300awd to the wheels on a mustang dyno. but yeah GTO is quiet. its got magnaflow catback with kooks LT

the auto transmission just kills the car IMO. besides the car has no tune.

here is another vid of the same gto with less mods

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5nyiuOKvKc

VEE EIGHT

Banned
There's a few things that come to mind when watching that video.

1. When import owners say they (or similar cars) are "slightly modded", it usually means that there's too many mods to list.

2. I highly doubt that was an LS2.

mikes93cobra

Established Member
i dont know a whole lot about dynos but arent mustang dynos for rwd cars. i thought u had to have a special dyno for awd. anybody know about this?

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
Red Turtle said:
He should have started in 2nd by manually downshifting the auto. It seems like the evo got the jump while his auto decided to downshift.

+1 In the GTO I either nail the gas just before the 3d honk or I hold it in either 2nd or 1st.

vulture

Established Member
VEE EIGHT said:

1. When import owners say they (or similar cars) are "slightly modded", it usually means that there's too many mods to list.

i ran a evo yesterday in my cobra . said the same thing , intake & exhaust . i only pulled him a little from start through 4 th.

puredrive

Established Member
VEE EIGHT said:

its an 05 and its an auto.. gto had two people in the car sti had driver only

to me slighty modded means bolt ons..:shrug:

Last edited:

rphinney

Established Member
Yeah an A4 with a tune is a whole different animal, screwing with the TC lock up and solenoid can put 10-15 more HP to the ground alone, most are right though in a race such as this a kicdown on the A4 shifter goes a long way.

mad mike

Im from the streets
Established Member
Yes it was on a dynapack. But it was an auto, yes an auto without a tune put down 372. So your friend must have forgot to put a spark plug wire back on when he did the headers, or the sti's other goodies were a bigger turbo.
The hp and mod list sounds like a 04 ls1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread