LT install

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
Quick question for yall. I am getting longtubes, an x and a catback my question is will I need to have my car tuned after install?:shrug:

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
The car will run a little lean if you have an aftermarket intake aswell i did my LT install about 3 weeks ago and havnt gotten a tune but i also dont drive it hard and its not a DD your car wont blowup without a tune but it will run smoother and better with one.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
The car will run a little lean if you have an aftermarket intake aswell i did my LT install about 3 weeks ago and havnt gotten a tune but i also dont drive it hard and its not a DD your car wont blowup without a tune but it will run smoother and better with one.

No offense, but how can you be certain?

OP - there's a lot of variables in that Q. First off....how much do you go into Open Loop? And, it's best to get your A/F checked to make sure it's not out of whack.

To be safe....at the VERY least, get the A/F checked after install. If you dont' have the $$ for that, then hold off on the install until you can. IMHO anyway.

EVO-lution

Established Member
yea i'm planning to install some LT's this winter again. Have to pull my heads of so I might as well replace the manifolds with LT';s

BM1

Established Member
Did you already buy the headers? If not, spend your money on something else.

I had them on my old Mach and they were not worth the money or headache.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread