lt1 vs 99cobra

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Yeah..they have.
Six speed, good air & a good driver (Evan Smith).
12.89 @ 109 for a 99 Z28 at Englishtown about 10 years ago.
It is the best documented example.
The fastest I've personally seen was 13.00 @109 by a friends '99 Z28 1SC(zero option 6 speed car)
I only went 13.5 @ 106 bone stock at Epping NH..My 1st time ever drag racing..
I started bolt ons shortly after.

Would love to back you up on that but he only went 108mph on that 12.89 pass...
2ag5cgy.jpg

Article Link Here... http://www.stangbangers.com/01_Bullitt_Article2.htm

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
LOL 9A pilot talking abotu even smiths pass in a LS1 SS and then a dude whos avatar is that of siad article posting in the same thread only a few posts from eachother!

S8ER01Z

Established Member
i know some stock ls1's have hit 107+...but its not the norm

most that i've seen and read about were around 103-105...some at 106

FWIW Edmunds used to run low 14s @ 102 ~ 103mph in almost all of their test reviews... so depending on where you look you can find all the bad times you want. :banana:

Like I said here at Cordova I've both witnessed and driven automatics that were pulling 105+ traps in summer nights. There is no real good excuse for seeing lesser traps from them other than driver error or a broken car.

Last edited:

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
LOL 9A pilot talking abotu even smiths pass in a LS1 SS and then a dude whos avatar is that of siad article posting in the same thread only a few posts from eachother!

Yeah..That just made my day..:lol1:
I searched high & low for that article in link form.
Damn..he only went 108.71.
The only thing I have left to say is..Now this is kinda lame..
But my good friend with his NBM 1SC six speed did indeed go 109 bone stock..Against me in the other lane..His car was a freak.
Pissed me off to no end.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
+1

The only way I would consider those freakish numbers might be out of an automatic 98 car and even then 300rwhp isnt far off the mark. My auto 98 SS put down just a tad under 290 to the ground stock. Factor in the difference in dynos and temps and what not and my car could have easily pulled more power somewhere else.
The car was an auto, dont remember the year other than being a red auto TA.

Would love to back you up on that but he only went 108mph on that 12.89 pass...
2ag5cgy.jpg

Article Link Here... 01 Bullitt Article 2
I remember that article, as a matter of fact I still have the mag where they showed it. I have it laying down somewhere, i think it came out when they were test driving the New Edge V6 Mustang, I think they hit a 14.9 once. As soon as I saw your avatar, I recognized it :beer:.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
A T56 LT1 will eat a auto 2V most of the time, and usually manual.
The 5 speeds can keep up much better.

:lol:

Show me a vid of a stock LT1 SS T56 against a stock 2V auto from a dig.

Show me a vid of an auto/manual LT1 against a 5 speed 2V.

I didn't make the 'stock mid 13's' stuff up.

The amazing 305hp Mach 1?
Lets run a 6 Speed Corvette LT1 against it from a dig.

I like arguing.
With a cryass like you, I just do it for the fun. :D
And HERE we have it folks.....Yet ANOTHER inconcsistancy....now you reference only auto's where as before you bounced back and forth....oh wait, I do RECALL quoting you saying 5 speeds. HMMMM.:bash:
305hp Mach one.....YOU CAN't BE THAT STUPID!

I would put a bone stock 5spd Mach 1 against an LT1 Vette ANY DAY of the week. That comment ALONE proves just how DUMB you truly are.
Alot of mouths on this site. Don't act like a child and lose your credibility like silverstang and pony, I thought from reading your posts you where a little more mature then those clowns.

_
Lose creditability?....R U kidding me?.......you're the only lame ass that no one respects in here dipshit.

BTW - I'm AWAITING THAT POLL. You know the one where you put your money where your mouth is chump.

Funny how he never responds back when you post vids of actual races nor have proof of everything he says. I know people that are ignorant but wow, this is worst ive seen. Even then, if he gets this info from articles, I can guaranteed that in those very same web/mags. they have, there is also info on 2V's which he most likely ignores like I will to him after this post :bash:
:beer: It's truly pathetic. I mean, If HE is the example of performance groups yet to come.......Oh fock, get me a honda now.

Looks like the 2V wore the LT1 out on runs 1 and 3. :shrug:
:beer: Although, in all fairness, it had at least a catback. Then again, so did the Fbod.

The GT had temp plates in front?:shrug:

JoePac

Established Member
And HERE we have it folks.....Yet ANOTHER inconcsistancy....now you reference only auto's where as before you bounced back and forth....oh wait, I do RECALL quoting you saying 5 speeds. HMMMM.:bash:
305hp Mach one.....YOU CAN't BE THAT STUPID!

I would put a bone stock 5spd Mach 1 against an LT1 Vette ANY DAY of the week. That comment ALONE proves just how DUMB you truly are.
Lose creditability?....R U kidding me?.......you're the only lame ass that no one respects in here dipshit.

BTW - I'm AWAITING THAT POLL. You know the one where you put your money where your mouth is chump.

:beer: It's truly pathetic. I mean, If HE is the example of performance groups yet to come.......Oh fock, get me a honda now.

:beer: Although, in all fairness, it had at least a catback. Then again, so did the Fbod.

The GT had temp plates in front?:shrug:

Hey buddy how have you been? Hows the wife? Hey do you still own a mach?Long time no hear freind.:-D

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I'm getting in on this one sided debate late, but I've owned 4 LT1's and know alot of people with them. From all of my experiences the 99-04 GT's are a VERY good race for an LT1 fbody. The LT1's probably have slightly better times on average, but not enough to make a big deal out of it.

The race that started this post is about how I'd expect the race to go. LT1's suffer big time up top, especially in stock form. My races with my 2009 G8 GT vs my 1994 Z28 show that.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I'm getting in on this one sided debate late, but I've owned 4 LT1's and know alot of people with them. From all of my experiences the 99-04 GT's are a VERY good race for an LT1 fbody. The LT1's probably have slightly better times on average, but not enough to make a big deal out of it.

The race that started this post is about how I'd expect the race to go. LT1's suffer big time up top, especially in stock form. My races with my 2009 G8 GT vs my 1994 Z28 show that.

Pretty much what everyone but one guy (who is now on my ignore list) have been agreeing on since the start. :beer:

red9450

Established Member
GT isn't stock. Don't know the mods on the camaro either, but by the way the mustang reeled the camaro in, yeah he wasn't stock. Plus, who the hell heats up street tires? :lol: He was probably running drag radials.

How about everyone just see what these cars are running in their local area. This argument can go on for ever.

they are damn close to stock. read:read: and judging by what burnzilla said it shouldn't matter if the GT had a shot of nitrous on it, being as though they are soo slow. LMAO

My brother racing my mom's mustang against a guy I go to school with's camaro. Mustang has a shift kit and cold air intake. Camaro is straight stock as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread