LTH question

fearthesnake

Established Member
Probably a dumb question but curious.

I just purchased ARH 1-3/4 LTH and H Pipe in a great deal, more than half off the regular price.

I was wanting 1-7/8 but couldn't pass these up.

I run the basic bolt ons and no plans for any motor work or upgraded blowers. Currently have upper 2.4, 65mm TB, JLT Intake, Corsa exhaust with off road X pipe and 3.73 gears and Suspension mods.

My question- is there that much flow difference between the 2 sizes with my mods in hp/tq?
Or are these 1-3/4 fine for what I'm running or am I leaving alot of gains on the table with the smaller tubes.

Thanks!

raustin0017

Established Member
IMHO...the diff between 1 7/8" and 1 3/4" would be very small. If you upgrade the supercharger...the payout would be significant. I have the almost the same mods and your going to love the ARH long tubes. Really wakes the beast up and sound perfect with my stock mufflers.
Good luck with the install...I gave up and took it to a SVT Ford mechanic.

fearthesnake

Established Member
IMHO...the diff between 1 7/8" and 1 3/4" would be very small. If you upgrade the supercharger...the payout would be significant. I have the almost the same mods and your going to love the ARH long tubes. Really wakes the beast up and sound perfect with my stock mufflers.
Good luck with the install...I gave up and took it to a SVT Ford mechanic.
That is my plan too, take it to Ford guys who have done this install many of times!

Thank you for the feedback

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I'd say minimal difference except maybe slight difference in power curve shape but very much the same up top at our rpms. Some guys say headers were not worth the low $2,000 investment for 20-25rwhp but that's not me ! Can I ask if you're tuning ?

fearthesnake

Established Member
I'd say minimal difference except maybe slight difference in power curve shape but very much the same up top at our rpms. Some guys say headers were not worth the low $2,000 investment for 20-25rwhp but that's not me ! Can I ask if you're tuning ?
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I have a custom tune guy about 2.5hrs from me. Dan at Pro Dyno in Fort Mill SC does great for me.

I am installing the LTHs and VMP dual BAP next week and going back to put it on the dyno to recheck the tune and see what gains there are.

This will be the last Mod for me for a while. Not much else other than Injectors and E-85. Although the $2,800 dollar deal on the 2.65 blower is very tempting!!

Users who are viewing this thread