Lund Racing 93 Octane Tune Results

bpmurr

Established Member
As I wait patiently for my GT350 allocation this spring I decided to try out a Lund Racing 93 Octane tune with the SCT X4 I have. I've had the tune installed for a few weeks and the butt dyno said my car was faster, but I wanted to see if it really was so I took my GT to Pure Automotive Performance in Millersville, MD. They did a bone stock baseline dyno on my car last fall. The only other mod I have is a MBRP Street Catback. On the dyno I gained 20RWHP and 26RWTQ over stock. That's impressive for just a tune on a NA car. Needless to say I'm another happy Lund customer and 16 Camaro SS ready!
15GTLundRacing93.jpg15GTLundRacing93AF.jpg

Last edited:

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
Nice numbers, I would do a baseline same day to get the accurate gains. I have dyno'd and had 10-15rwhp differences between days for weather. I did 368/366 and 383/377 tuned by Lund and catback only.

ArabianOak

Established Member
yep...just installed my lund tune on my 16 GT PP and I know there were some big gains...especially in the TQ dept! From everything I have done on these cars over the years I have learned the following.

The biggest gain will be in a tune.

Intakes add little to no HP.

Catbacks add little to no HP.

Cat deletes can give you about 10/15 RWHP.

bpmurr

Established Member
yep...just installed my lund tune on my 16 GT PP and I know there were some big gains...especially in the TQ dept! From everything I have done on these cars over the years I have learned the following.

That's a pretty spot on analysis.

bunk22

Established Member

Spot on with what my local shop just said, getting my car tuned shortly. I have a JLT and a Bama tune but it's a garbage tune. This will be old school, dyno tuned and my car is an auto, so the numbers will be a bit lower than the 6 speeds I think. The shop said I should get some cat delete's for easy, cheap power. My old 2012 Mustang GT had full exhaust (Kooks 1 3/4" long-tubes, x-pipe with cats, axle back), a C&L hot air intake and AED tune making 425rwhp/405rwt SAE...but on a 6 speed. About the norm I think.

Users who are viewing this thread