Lund Tune and SCT X4 Review

ArabianOak

Established Member
Received my X4 yesterday with a lund test tune on it...Lund told me if that tune loaded he would then send the final tune.

Finally had a chance to drive around with his 93 street tune today and in one word all I can say is WOW! Car seems to have gained a TON of power! I won't know how much until Friday as I will be getting it dyno'd again that day but it feels GREAT!

Very smooth yet aggressive tune. Feels so much faster anywhere in the rev range. Feels like a totally different car actually. I am very happy with it. His customer service is outstanding as well. Exchanged a bunch of emails with him over the past week or so as we were waiting for SCT to update there system to include my PCM code.

Very easy to work with Jon. I highly rec'd his tune! IMO, this is how the car should come!

I also wanted to comment on the SCT X4 tuner. It is a pretty cool device! You can connect to wifi and update it anywhere! You can also datalog directly from it now! Very nice full color screen, lots more options and much faster than my old X3. Very easy to swap tunes as well.

I will post dyno results Friday.

bpmurr

Established Member
Looking forward to the dyno results. Any word on how the tune effects the other driving modes since they're more than just turning off traction and stability control now?

ArabianOak

Established Member
Looking forward to the dyno results. Any word on how the tune effects the other driving modes since they're more than just turning off traction and stability control now?

Lund asked me if I had the modes and I told him yes. I'm assuming the tune works with everything. Mine has been perfect. Car revs to 7400 now too!

ArabianOak

Established Member
Yikes! That's safe???

I would assume so...it's very nice to rev a little higher though. My second gear would be done at 60 and now it's around 65-66mph...I might be wrong about rev limit...it looks like 7400 but from what i'm reading about his tune, it might be 7200. Much higher than stock though.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Glad to hear you like it. Ford tends to tune the drive by wire a little soft. A good tune can make it feel like a different car.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Stock and catback runs...

1913256_850289148356510_8876062900634474462_o.jpg

Tune run

10661671_850289415023150_4638175286153123869_o.jpg

ArabianOak

Established Member
The best my BOSS 302 did was 424 RWHP and 376TQ with cat deletes, steeda intake and AED tune...IMO this car feels faster...

I have a very good feeling this car will surpass that number once my airaid intake comes this week and I update my tune with some datalogs via LUND...

FIVEHOE

Established Member
The best my BOSS 302 did was 424 RWHP and 376TQ with cat deletes, steeda intake and AED tune...IMO this car feels faster...

I have a very good feeling this car will surpass that number once my airaid intake comes this week and I update my tune with some datalogs via LUND...

thanks for providing us with the before/after photos of the dyno. It's nice to see the gains per mod, but i know it comes at the cost of having to rent out the dyno, so thanks.

ArabianOak

Established Member
No problem. My airaid intake will be here early this week. I will install, update tune and dyno again. Post results after.

Users who are viewing this thread