Lund Tuned 5.0's - How many miles on your Lund tune?

Badbob2121

ЯTR #054
Established Member
For those 5.0's owners who have a Lund tune..

How many miles have you put on your tune?

Are you satisfied with your tune?

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Lund tune and what some feedback. I am only going to be running an ORX Pipe with FRPP Mufflers.

Thanks

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
2,500 miles on stock tune. 17,000 miles on Lund N/A tune with full bolt-ons. 3,500 miles on Lund supercharged tune with the TVS.

My N/A tune was great, no issues, made 426rwhp.

Engine is fine, I'm pretty satisfied with the power and safety of the tune, however it has surging problems at a certain throttle angle that Lund hasn't been able to fix yet. May be TB related but tune is pretty good. Sai & Chris Holmes from Forced Motorsports are phenomenal tuners as well, if you are open to other tuners.

JasonsSaleen

Established Member
I'm very satisfied. Their customer service is incredible. I've had my tune for about 2500 miles on my vortech setup. There is some surging problems in first gear when the car isn't fully warmed up. I'm not even sure that has anything to do with Lund. I would highly recommend them if you want a good tune without worrying about your engine blowing up.

Way2QWK

Established Member
I only have about 500 miles on my Lund tune since my car is a garage queen, but I've been happy with mine. Perfect drive ability over the junk stock tune. Throttle response after each shift is perfect. Looking at the logs, its looks to be a very safe tune with the timing and a/f ratios. I have no interest in dynos but the power feel is ok. Maybe not as much as what others seemed to say they gained but again its just a stock car with a tune on junk 91 octane. Over all I'm happy and Beefcake gave me a good price including a new x4 tuner.

noldevin

Established Member
Been Lund tuned about 10k miles. Never had it dynoed but I estimate about 400ish whp with o/r h and airaid intake. Trapped at 115.
Car drives pretty rough when cold started, but runs fine once warmed up. Could be made worse by the 10w40 oil I'm using. Gonna try 5w30 in a few days when I do my next change and see if that helps. Also haven't done a datalog since adding the intake and getting an updated tune, so maybe I should do that as well.

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
No dyno #s here either but i'm happy with my tune.
Consistantly trapped between 117 and 118 N/A. Currently working on the nitrous tune, and have no complaint about response time from him.

GTtoSVT

Established Member
300 miles on my garage queen with the Lund Tune from Beefcake and very happy with it. Night and day difference on an Auto GT. Great service from Beef too!!

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I've had a lund tune on my car for the last 1500 miles, such an improvement over the stock tune and their customer service has been great as well. I really like how quick they get you an updated tune as you add new mods.

noldevin

Established Member
Just an update, swapped back to 5w30 oil and the car runs much better while cold. Still pops and crackles like a mofo on decel though.

clc44

Established Member
No dyno #s here either but i'm happy with my tune.
Consistantly trapped between 117 and 118 N/A. Currently working on the nitrous tune, and have no complaint about response time from him.

Off topic.... Do you like your boss manifold? I'm auto as well and hear mixed reviews. Seems like you're running great times.

2014blkgt

Established Member
30k on lund n/a tune, I loved it!! I beat alot of cars I shouldn't have and now about 3500 on lund tune with the paxton, slight surging now and agian but doesn't bother me at all, tune is spot on and pulls like a freight train!

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
About 400 miles of city and hwy mix. Full CJ setup with infamous SCJ Big Oval and JLT 110mm. Drives like stock with no surging. Picked up about 7 degrees more timing with zero knock over previous tuner. :)

Users who are viewing this thread