Lurkers, SPEAK UP!!!!!!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
The Internet has been around for a very long time. Forums have been around in one form or another longer than th Internet. It should come as no surprise to noobs that at least a perusal of the rules should be made before jumping into the shit. ESPECIALLY in smackdown. Yet they don't and then whine and cry when they get told and it really doesn't matter if it is nice or not. It is quite easy to tell who has ans hasn't bothered to take the time

Well I guess that is one way to view it. Regardless, I don't really have a problem with you or anyone for that matter. I just think sometimes you and others can be a bit harsh on those who are new or who screw up on some of the rules initially.

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
I mostly lurk, typically browse Roadside, Pics and Vids, SD and the Tech forums. I occasionally comment on random things and spend most of my "active" in the NFL thread in SD.

Klay

Established Member
The Internet has been around for a very long time. Forums have been around in one form or another longer than th Internet. It should come as no surprise to noobs that at least a perusal of the rules should be made before jumping into the shit. ESPECIALLY in smackdown. Yet they don't and then whine and cry when they get told and it really doesn't matter if it is nice or not. It is quite easy to tell who has ans hasn't bothered to take the time

I know of the people you are referring to. I view smackdown quite frequently and have to laugh at the guys who act all tough then cry when people act tough right back them. However, some of them really just aren't use to the way things are here and it can be quite shocking at first. Other car forums I visit do not allow half the stuff that people say here. And btw that's one of the reasons I like it here, you have more freedom to speak about non car related items.

So that is why I say go a little easier on them (outside of smackdown of course).

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I lurk in the tech forums in effort to learn more about my car but don't usually post unless i'm asking a question or thanking someone for their input.

Most of my posts are in roadside, 90% percent of which are meant only to shine you on. Most of you come off as complete pricks and sometimes its entertaining to stoop to your level.

Some of the moderators on this site are intolerable! I'm sure those mods would be pleased to know that the inane tripe they post inspires me not to post, but those same mods also inspire me to not patronize SVTP authorized vendors. Arrogant moderators have cost site sponsors business.

there you have it.

Agreed. Between the certain mods and aggressive members like RDJ, SVTP can be an unpleasant place to be at times. It's gotten worse as of late too. People like RDJ are just too over the top, look at his behavior here as an example. Clearly he's not a "lurker", but he came in here to talk smack and seek attention.

A couple of certain mods are soley responsible for killing the activity in the Texas forum because they were so heavily moderating and being very, very rude. So a whole group of people the DFW area went elsewhere to socialize and only come here for information.

Not to mention that most new members tend to be run off by the site's regulars, which no doubt creates lurkers.

Unquestionably correct.

+1. RDJ is the prime example of why some new members and lurkers wont post more. Even outside of smackdown he will go out of his way to be an ass. If new members hang around longer they will realize this and then not give a shit but some wont.

Yup.

Who are you to regulate what others do? You're a bully, you're rude and mean unnecessarily alot of times and you don't care where you do it. People like you kill the forums for other people. I doubt very seriously you behave in such a manner when speaking to people in person, so why do it here?

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Agreed. Between the certain mods and aggressive members like RDJ, SVTP can be an unpleasant place to be at times. It's gotten worse as of late too. People like RDJ are just too over the top, look at his behavior here as an example. Clearly he's not a "lurker", but he came in here to talk smack and seek attention.
. I will just respond to this since it is a classic response to my making a post. I actually did not come in here seeking attention. I simply made a one line post and said something I considered somewhat funny.

Klay decided to make it about me because he didn't like the way I responded to someone else's post then you and 97desert decide to make it personal by "attacking" me. I don't consider it attacking but if I had been the one saying it you people would be crying about how I attacked you.

What I do, I do inside the rules, when I dont I get infractions and bans just like everyone else. I probably get attacked, called names and personally insulted outside of smackdown more than anyone else but I rarely complain to the mods. I point it out and move on, unless someone like you three continue down the path that YOU started. I don't put up with bullshit and I speak plainly, don't like it? Put me on ignore. Maybe next time ignore the post and not type put a bullshit response and you won't get one in return.

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
. I will just respond to this since it is a classic response to my making a post. I actually did not come in here seeking attention. I simply made a one line post and said something I considered somewhat funny.

Klay decided to make it about me because he didn't like the way I responded to someone else's post then you and 97desert decide to make it personal by "attacking" me. I don't consider it attacking but if I had been the one saying it you people would be crying about how I attacked you.

What I do, I do inside the rules, when I dont I get infractions and bans just like everyone else. I probably get attacked, called names and personally insulted outside of smackdown more than anyone else but I rarely complain to the mods. I point it out and move on, unless someone like you three continue down the path that YOU started. I don't put up with bullshit and I speak plainly, don't like it? Put me on ignore. Maybe next time ignore the post and not type put a bullshit response and you won't get one in return.

And this type of post from a regular is what keeps people away. Even though this response from you is more mild than your usual brash ones, it's still rude in nature. You wouldn't talk to people in person this way at meets, so why do it here?

First, the subject is for the "lurkers" and clearly you are not. As you admitted yourself, you simply came in here to make a sarcastic comment for attention and to stir the pot. A simple review of your posts will tell everyone all they need to know about a regular poster such as yourself - you're a mean, bullying individual that regularly fishes for drama.

You can point the finger elsewhere all you like, but the source of the problem lies within yourself. Perhaps if you treated people as you wish to be treated you wouldn't find yourself at odds with so many others on the board and "lurkers" would be more inclined to take a more active part in the site.

Have a good day.

-steve.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
And this type of post from a regular is what keeps people away. Even though this response from you is more mild than your usual brash ones, it's still rude in nature. You wouldn't talk to people in person this way at meets, so why do it here?
wanna bet? I have the same amount of patience for stupid in real life as I do here. Ask some of the guys here that have met me in real life.
First, the subject is for the "lurkers" and clearly you are not. As you admitted yourself, you simply came in here to make a sarcastic comment for attention and to stir the pot. A simple review of your posts will tell everyone all they need to know about a regular poster such as yourself - you're a mean, bullying individual that regularly fishes for drama.
and yet here you are, exactly proving my point made in the post you responded with this drivel to. "your not a lurker you don't belong here but let me egg you on by attacking you some more so you can respond yet again to my stupid post" hypocrite much? and I most CERTAINLY did not admit to making a comment for attention and to stir the pot. you guys provided the unasked for attention and YOU stirred the pot not me.
You can point the finger elsewhere all you like, but the source of the problem lies within yourself. Perhaps if you treated people as you wish to be treated you wouldn't find yourself at odds with so many others on the board and "lurkers" would be more inclined to take a more active part in the site.
yet people like you make the assinine assumption that I am entirely to blame for this bullshit. I have never denied I troll. yet people like you and klay are so quick to accuse me of trolling even when I am not. frankly I don't give a shit what you guys think but when you make posts like you have and then slam me when I simply defend myself that says a pant load more about you than it does me
Have a good day.
I would say the same but unlike you I am not a hypocrite and wouldn't mean it so I won't.

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
wanna bet? I have the same amount of patience for stupid in real life as I do here. Ask some of the guys here that have met me in real life.
and yet here you are, exactly proving my point made in the post you responded with this drivel to. "your not a lurker you don't belong here but let me egg you on by attacking you some more so you can respond yet again to my stupid post" hypocrite much? and I most CERTAINLY did not admit to making a comment for attention and to stir the pot. you guys provided the unasked for attention and YOU stirred the pot not me.
yet people like you make the assinine assumption that I am entirely to blame for this bullshit. I have never denied I troll. yet people like you and klay are so quick to accuse me of trolling even when I am not. frankly I don't give a shit what you guys think but when you make posts like you have and then slam me when I simply defend myself that says a pant load more about you than it does me
I would say the same but unlike you I am not a hypocrite and wouldn't mean it so I won't.

Well, there you have it. A self admitted rude troll who is rude to people offline as well as on. SVTP would be better off without people like you. Now, I'll take your advice and ignore you since clearly all you want to do is point the finger elsewhere taking no responsbility for your own actions and just argue for your own self gratifications of arguing online. Clearly you have some personal issues in your life that you feel the need to take out your aggressions on people behind the safety of your keyboard of anonymity.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Well, there you have it. A self admitted rude troll who is rude to people offline as well as on. SVTP would be better off without people like you. Now, I'll take your advice and ignore you since clearly all you want to do is point the finger elsewhere taking no responsbility for your own actions and just argue for your own self gratifications of arguing online. Clearly you have some personal issues in your life that you feel the need to take out your aggressions on people behind the safety of your keyboard of anonymity.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yet you STILL respond with the same old shit.

n20_stang

I have lurked on this site for years. I visit almost daily< even when i had an 01 6 speed z28. I typically dont post because of my lack of mod motor knowledge. Dream car is an 03-04 cobra. Currently have a pristine 95 gt. I love the banter on this sight more than any other- Billy

ImportsSuk

DelValMuscleCars
Established Member
meh, i lurk alot mainly to pass some time at work during some slow periods throughout the day. but i also have a Philly local forum i co-own so that takes up alot of my interwebz free time... learned alot about the 03/04's here and helped me with some the mods you see below

Users who are viewing this thread