LX vs Boxster

Black93Cobra

Established Member
This isn't really a kill but a good race. I am leaving work last week and the weather is great, low 60's, low humidity. My 331 stroker in my roadrace '93 LX Coupe is running strong. I am crusing down the interstate nearing my exit when a silver Porsche Boxster screams by me and takes my exit which is a long sweeping right hander. So I downshift and nail the throttle and take off in pursuit. He is really flying but I manage to reel him in by the time we reach the end of the exit ramp and merge onto the adjoining road which is a partially completed section of a loop road. There is little traffic and four lanes to play with. He looks up in the rearview and does a double take to see that this Mustang has overtaken his high priced german import. He acclerates hard and I stay with him. We are now well into triple digit speeds and I am hanging right on his rearend. However, we are rapidly running out of road so we both slow down to take the mandatory exit but I get the last shot. As we both hit the exit ramp (another long right hander, this one with two exit lanes), I jump inside of him and blow by beating him to the stoplight at the top of the ramp. He pulls in behind me and I rev'r a few times but he doesn't want to play now. The light turns green and I acclerate rapidly but he isn't playing any more, too bad. I am still grinning just thinking about it..:D

00SS

Established Member
Nice run... it's nice to whip up on the porche boys ocasionally. (as long as it's not the twin turbo carrera, those are nasty on the highway)

again.. nice kill

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
NICE KILL! ...and if you ran against the Boxster S scratch the "nice" and upgrade to a full scale...GREAT FREAKIN' KILL! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread