M122 Mach Build

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Yesterday got my brackets all mocked up. Checked all my clearances to make sure i wont have any grinding or belt rub.
Have to clearance one little spot on the drivers side front cover.
Have to still get my Lower Metco hub, 4# ring and 3 bolt tensioner to make sure the belt travel for the supercharger is all in line.
Next to tap the rear of the lower manifold to install my Lightning IAT sensor and extend the maf wiring.

20160711_151435_zpsenucdhwo.jpg

20160711_151546_zpsp5i6ytun.jpg

Engine%20Bracket%20Fitment_zpsojpvapdj.jpg

Final product when said and done.
Few little modifications going to be made. Have to make a bracket to get more belt wrap.

20160608_014445_zpsl6nxe6wb.jpg

My idea of getting better belt wrap if i have the space. Old school way supercharger guys used to get more wrap. Hangs off the snout housing and has a smooth cupped pulley.
It would work out better if I can find a good deal on a Crossover delete someone has for sale.

Then a larger pulley on the tensioner to help keep up with the belt tension.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Lightning IAT sensor installed for my IAT2. Wires cut from maf plug an soldered to the IAT harness.
Last MAF wires extended to drivers side for the 05 slot style MAF harness.
Installed new fox length struts, suprised that Monroe Expert Series struts fit the UPR Coilover kit perfetly.

Haven't seen great increase in performance from a fully ported lower intake so i just ported the injector section to increase better air flow into the Heads.
Not the best picture, but it was just a quick shot from the other day.

20160731_151648_zps08g2cujh.jpg

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Anyone else out there with a M122 swapped Mach 1 have any pics of there shaker attachments they made. Currently having a little trouble with getting mine setup just right.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Just got my On3 Coolant crossover delete today. Probably have that all installed in the next few days.
Got my Cobra Engineering TB adapter installed and accufab TB back on. Just picked up a 09 GT500 JLT carbonfiber intake with stock maf.
Another guy that did the swap said it would be good to 600+. Ill be just under that on blower and then either a 100 or 125 shot on top of that later on.
More process pics on there way.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Thats neat, dont think I ever saw an M122 swap when I had my mach.

I have a set of 3.27s at home that came out of an 8.8 I had in my fox. Good shape if you want them.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Got my JLT Carbon Fiber GT500 Intake and Stock Maf sensor the other day. Dont ever realize how big something is until you have it in person. Installed it on the mach and have now realized I need either a Dragon TB or a Cable drawn GT500 TB so it all fits properly.

received_10209234215625611_zpss8pq4zxn.jpg

URL=http://s92.photobucket.com/user/xxwildcoyotexx/media/Facebook/Mach%201%20AKA%20Antoinette/IMG_20160826_205130_zps4sqlesvm.jpg.html]
IMG_20160826_205130_zps4sqlesvm.jpg
[/URL]

Last things left to get to finish everything would be
-05+ maf spliced connector
-GT500 Heat exchanger
-Metco lower hub and 4lb ring
-3 bolt tensioner
-Lower intake Intercooler adapter "Tubes"
-Drive and Supercharger belts
-Hoses for Supercharger coolant system
-Tune

Shouldnt be much longer to be finally done.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Last few days I received my powder coated hubs and Maximum Motorsports Bump Steer kit.
Got all those reinstalled and adjusted my bumpsteer. Looks a lot better then the old cast and corroded looking hubs.

20160831_173856_zpsa71yiycw.jpg

20160831_173904_zpstwjuxmj4.jpg

Not sure at the moment if I want to upgrade to the 3inch studs or just let the front ride as is.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Went ahead and installed my ON3 One port crossover delete kit. Went together pretty well, only hassle was inserting the braided hose into the connectors. Routed it so it was clear of the Blower belt. Filled up with coolant and noticed my Head cooling mod is leaking. Gonna have to drop the K to reach it all. Then throw a better hose clamp on both ends. No space equals a not so fun time in store for me.

20160901_153544_zpsmhiptq1i.jpg

20160901_153555_zpsp5i4mq3o.jpg

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Finally got the 05+ maf wired up. Seems like it may be incorrectly wired, but I did follow the pinouts and matched them to my wiring. Only reason I'm guessing on this is because the Maf Counts on my sct is showing nothing.
Running a bit rough at the start.
Return fuel system set at around 39psi on the 60lb injectors. Wondering if I turn the pressure up a bit, would it run a little better.
Plus you might hear a tapping noise. I think a rocker on the rear drivers side might be off, so ill be removing the cover here shortly when I have time. Then inspect and possibly let her run for a few moments to see what is truly happening. Make some deflectors for the oil squirters so I don't get sprayed.

Yes, you heard right. The supercharger belt system isn't finished yet also. Needing a lower Metco Hub and 4lb ring, 3 bolt tensioner, belt, gt500 heat exchanger then off for its tuning.

[video]https://youtu.be/wqRMhsqGVBE[/video]

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Well everything was going well, that is until I happily found out my Mach 1 balancer bolt holes dont line up with my Metco lower hub. Bit of a pain in my ass, because now I have to find a Cobra balancer to get that shit finalized.

Good note, I got my heat exchanger and lines. Just have to make some custom brackets for it and them plum the lines back to the intercooler. Finish the pump relay, basically just cut the lines and plug them in to the relay.
Then wait on the balancer so I can measure the belt that i need.
After that, listen some more to tell if I still have a collapsed Lash adjuster or if it went away. Then off to get the car finally tuned.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Sub'd! This is sick build you have going on sir. What are you expecting to make?

Really just hoping for upper 500s. Then ill port the m122 later, E85, and a slightly smaller upper pulley possible or a larger lower.
Anything right at this moment would be great. Thing has been down for a yr and I just want to drive it again.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Soo, ended up with a electrical gremlin with my starting system.
After dropping my K and motor to get the Dr valve cover off, I must have pulled some wire or something. Cause after reinstalling everything, the starter ended up being silent during Key On actions. No click, no nothing from it. Battery should be fine due to it running shortly before the valve cover opening, but im taking it to get load tested to make sure.
Starter got changed to a PA Performance cause (jump the gun) thoughts happened first before electrical investigation.
Either thinking on putting a push start in the mach or just follow the wiring from the ignition all the way to the fuse box and see if any of that is messed up.
Anyone with happenings like this, throw me some leads if you wouldnt mind.
Thanks

BLKFOX

Established Member
Soo, ended up with a electrical gremlin with my starting system.
After dropping my K and motor to get the Dr valve cover off, I must have pulled some wire or something. Cause after reinstalling everything, the starter ended up being silent during Key On actions. No click, no nothing from it. Battery should be fine due to it running shortly before the valve cover opening, but im taking it to get load tested to make sure.
Starter got changed to a PA Performance cause (jump the gun) thoughts happened first before electrical investigation.
Either thinking on putting a push start in the mach or just follow the wiring from the ignition all the way to the fuse box and see if any of that is messed up.
Anyone with happenings like this, throw me some leads if you wouldnt mind.
Thanks

When you turn the key, all of the dash lights, fuel pump, etc. come on? If they do it sounds like you just broke a connection to the starter. It probably got pulled on when you dropped the engine down.

The last time I pulled the valve cover off of a 4v I ended up loosening the hydroboost and found that to be the easiest route :D.

Last edited:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Check the starter connection and test for power. If it's getting power, then I would think it's the starter or solenoid. If there's no power to it, there's a connection issue either a wire is broken, or pulled off or a fuse is blown.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
When you turn the key, all of the dash lights, fuel pump, etc. come on? If they do it sounds like you just broke a connection to the starter. It probably got pulled on when you dropped the engine down.

The last time I pulled the valve cover off of a 4v I ended up loosening the hydroboost and found that to be the easiest route :D.

Yea all power and pumps working. All dash lights fade away when turning ignition fully to start so thats normal.
ran a jumper wire from the starter signal lug to the neutral safety switch wire that connects near the engine fuse box. nothing there also.
When im out to my car tomorrow ill be searching around at all the wire connections. Maybe run a jump wire straight from the neutral safety switch to the starter this time or a jumper on the starter relay.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Check the starter connection and test for power. If it's getting power, then I would think it's the starter or solenoid. If there's no power to it, there's a connection issue either a wire is broken, or pulled off or a fuse is blown.

The main power cable comes from the trunk to the starter positive post and then over to the fuse box. Should have power on that end atleast due to all my interior power works. Brand new PA Performance Starter, played with it before installing so its all good in a working condition.

Users who are viewing this thread