M55 catback question

mariusvt

Established Member
Put it on eBay with a buy it now for 2600 and keep relisting 4eva

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
But he said he'd rather throw it in a river than take even a penny less than $2800. Maybe after he sits on it for another few years he can list it for $5000... That's totally how this works right?

mattmynhier

Established Member
But he said he'd rather throw it in a river than take even a penny less than $2800. Maybe after he sits on it for another few years he can list it for $5000... That's totally how this works right?

So 2600?

IMG_3992.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mariusvt

Established Member

mattmynhier

Established Member
So take it?

When questioned earlier about spending $1200 to have it polished you said it's just money and you can make more of it. If so, why are you sweating $400 like the guy kicked your dog and spit in your face offering $2600.

I actually can’t even figure out how you think I’m “sweating $400 like the guy kicked your dog and spit in your face offering $2600.” by my response of “no dude I won’t take that.”

The reason I said no to 2600 is because I’m literally not sweating it at all. Not one bit! That’s why I said no thanks.

If I was actually sweating it I would have come back with a response similar to “man I really need 3000 but I will meet you in the middle, let’s do 2700!” All desperate like.

But, like I’ve said I don’t need the cash, so I will just stow it away.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
You’re on something I need to try if all of this is true. It’s a exhaust system, not a split window corvette.
I’d love to see this posted in the market section.
You just want to see this head to smack down.

It is UFC fight night, let's add some action to SVTP.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

zredfire04

Established Member
i understand.

i've had some parts for sale for a while on another site. i keep getting lowball offers that i'm just not interested in. for the money they are offering, i'd rather just keep the stuff.

for instance, i'm selling an aluminum flywheel & clutch for a sbf that i don't need anymore. asking $300 for the package, which is fair. i've had several offers of $200 shipped for the whole deal. i responded that i'd rather keep it than sell it for that.

things sell for whatever the seller will take. if nobody offers what the seller will take, things don't sell.

mattmynhier

Established Member
i understand.

i've had some parts for sale for a while on another site. i keep getting lowball offers that i'm just not interested in. for the money they are offering, i'd rather just keep the stuff.

for instance, i'm selling an aluminum flywheel & clutch for a sbf that i don't need anymore. asking $300 for the package, which is fair. i've had several offers of $200 shipped for the whole deal. i responded that i'd rather keep it than sell it for that.

things sell for whatever the seller will take. if nobody offers what the seller will take, things don't sell.

I didn’t get really any lowball offers, as it was only up for about 10 hours on eBay. So, all things considered I think 2600 was pretty good, but I’m not worried about the cash and that’s why I said no to the offer.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
i understand.

On the flip side, a product or service is only worth what someone will give you for it.

I have a vintage Ampeg bass amp that I was going to sell several years ago. I priced out others like it around Nashville and Atlanta. I posted the ad asking for what I believed to be a market price.

Every potential buyer local to me ignored the posted price and offered a much lower amount. I didn't need to get rid of the amp. I kept it, and I'm glad I did. It has continued to climb in value as it becomes scarce.

At the time I was looking to sell, the amp was not worth what I felt it was. The consumer sets the price. If people would learn this dealerships wouldn't try to sell above MSRP. Let the product sit and the price will drop.

Supply and demand.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HPLouis

Established Member
I ran into the same issue trying to sell my car. I was offered from $18K-$24K at the highest. I then had people trying to convince me that they were doing me a favor offering me $22K for my car. I then said that I didn't have to sell the car and I'd rather let it sit in the garage then give it away.

I can understand the OP. Sometimes people act like you need the money and they're doing you a favor buying from you.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like where this thread is headed.

OP. I'll give you $26.00 and whatever is left on my Starbucks gift card; you cover shipping.

Don't sweat the small stuff; i.e. money.

mattmynhier

Established Member
Ebay offers dont mean shit. post up a screen shot when you have the cash in your paypal!

Hmmm... the cash won’t be in my PayPal because I said no to 2600... I actually put it back on eBay last night because after reading this thread and especially your comments I realized I was not asking enough...

IMG_4004.jpg
IMG_4006.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread