M55 catback question

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I think he's factoring in the $1200 polishing job in the $3000 price also.
I feel ya. I polished my borla stingers to a point that some would consider overkill...but I wouldn't expect to get $1200 back for it, ON TOP of the VALUE of the exhaust...and even if he has $1200 into the cosmetics of the exhaust...

A $500 mac exhaust is a $500 mac exhaust. A $5600 whipple is still a $5600 whipple. And a $5 cheeseburger is still a $5 cheeseburger. Doesn't matter what you've done to it...

We spend money on our cars KNOWING we will not gain equity out of them, 0r get the exact same back that we spent.

I say keep the exhaust.

You know how you'll see terminators that have $60k+ into them including the purchase of the car selling for $26k???

It's a risk. We assume it. It's absurd that he spent that much on polishing. It's even more absurd to expect the same back ON TOP of the VALUE of an unboxed exhaust.

Assume the risk when it come to modifying...and move on. I could get ARH headers and mid pipe, a magnum transmission, or a used blower for the price he is selling that for...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mattmynhier

Established Member
This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t need the cash and don’t mind keeping it, that’s why I won’t take what I’ve been offered. But, putting it out there to see if I could clear up some space because we are moving and I won’t be using it. No big deal to hang on to it, it looks awesome and my daughter will outgrow the fear of how loud it is.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I just polished mine and yes, it was a lot of work, but that money you paid for the polish is long gone. I’d be surprised if you even got upwards of $1,000 for a catback. If you’ve been offered more you should take it

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

mattmynhier

Established Member
I feel ya. I polished my borla stingers to a point that some would consider overkill...but I wouldn't expect to get $1200 back for it, ON TOP of the VALUE of the exhaust...and even if he has $1200 into the cosmetics of the exhaust...

A $500 mac exhaust is a $500 mac exhaust. A $5600 whipple is still a $5600 whipple. And a $5 cheeseburger is still a $5 cheeseburger. Doesn't matter what you've done to it...

We spend money on our cars KNOWING we will not gain equity out of them, 0r get the exact same back that we spent.

I say keep the exhaust.

You know how you'll see terminators that have $60k+ into them including the purchase of the car selling for $26k???

It's a risk. We assume it. It's absurd that he spent that much on polishing. It's even more absurd to expect the same back ON TOP of the VALUE of an unboxed exhaust.

Assume the risk when it come to modifying...and move on. I could get ARH headers and mid pipe, a magnum transmission, or a used blower for the price he is selling that for...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don’t know what’s the hold up on this. I don’t care about selling it or storing it, more just asking. I don’t know what risk you’re referring to. I didn’t assume any risk when buying the catback or spending the money to have it polished, it’s just money. I can make more of it.

mattmynhier

Established Member
I just polished mine and yes, it was a lot of work, but that money you paid for the polish is long gone. I’d be surprised if you even got upwards of $1,000 for a catback. If you’ve been offered more you should take it

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

This guy got 1000 bucks last year for just the beat up, cut up mufflers... So, saying it’s surprising I got upwards of 1000 for a pretty much mint entire M55 catback is off?
IMG_3955.jpg

mattmynhier

Established Member
You missed out on selling it over $200? Am i reading that right?

I didn’t miss out on selling it, because I don’t have a real need to sell it. I’m just not going to be using it after I pull the car out of storage for PITS and switch it out to my M58. I’ll just put it in the attic and either put it back on when my daughter gets older or let it sit there and collect dust. That’s why I won’t take anything less than that.

Users who are viewing this thread