Mac Longtubes fitting with Bassani X pipe

hultgrenc17

I have an 01 Cobra which currently has the stock headers, a Bassani offroad X-Pipe, and Borla Stingers and I was looking for some aftermarket longtube headers to put on and saw that the BBK Longtubes only fit if you buy their shorty x pipe. Seeing this made me move onto the MAC ceramic longtubes and I want to make sure that these will fit along with my Bassani X-pipe. Anyone know?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Usually if you want a direct fitment you're going to have to pair one companies long tubes with their mid pipe. If you want to mix headers and mid pipes expect to make a trip to an exhaust shop.

99Venom

I ♥ Internal Combustion
Established Member
Agreed, my headers, mid pipe and cat back are from 3 different vendors and it was very tricky getting them to line up. I still can't get my tailpipes to line up just right in the bumper cutouts. It's the tolerances of the different vendors measurements that add up when you combine different ones.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Better off picking up a MAC mid-pipe to mate up to them - as others have said, stick to the same brand when it comes to LT's and mid-pipes.

Users who are viewing this thread