Mac mufflers with Magnaflow catback?

RS22

Established Member
I love the way the magnaflow catback looks on my terminator but I want the deeper rumble of the mac mufflers.

I was going to get the whole mac catback but I'm debating saving a few bucks and getting the mac mufflers welded in to the magnaflow piping instead.

Anyone ran this setup or possibly have a video of it?

DT_C03RA

Established Member
When you do it, post a clip because I've been curious about doing the same thing to mine. When I got mine it had the Magnapacks installed on it rather than the regular mufflers that come with the kit. I love the exhaust now, but I like to change it up sometimes and the Macs are what I've been thinking about doing for several months.

I honestly can't imagine them sounding any different on Magnaflow piping vs. the pipes that come with Macs kit, so I doubt you'd notice a difference in sound.

RS22

Established Member
When you do it, post a clip because I've been curious about doing the same thing to mine. When I got mine it had the Magnapacks installed on it rather than the regular mufflers that come with the kit. I love the exhaust now, but I like to change it up sometimes and the Macs are what I've been thinking about doing for several months.

I honestly can't imagine them sounding any different on Magnaflow piping vs. the pipes that come with Macs kit, so I doubt you'd notice a difference in sound.

Exactly what I was thinking. Screw it I'm gonna do it and we'll find out.

DT_C03RA

Established Member
Hell yeah, that's the spirit! lol

Are you going to get the stainless or aluminized ones? It's almost twice as much for the stainless mufflers, but I think it's worth it.

DT_C03RA

Established Member
That's the other thing I have thought about doing; running a ProChamber that is. I currently have the Magnaflow O/R X on the car and it's great, but I also have a MRT catted H that came on the car when I bought it. It's practically brand new and surprisingly it sounded great with the Magnapacks, but I got a deal on the O/R X and wanted to give it a try. I've thought about adding the ProChamber, but already having the MRT has kept me from buying another mid-pipe. I still have to pass a visual inspection for emissions here, so I've also toyed with the idea of adding these Catalytic Converter to my O/R X just to pass the visual.

The packs and an O/R X is loud as all hell past 2200rpms, but I'm so used to it after over a year of DD it, it's no big deal to me.

IDK I'm OCD when it comes to exhaust and always want to try different setups. The issue always comes down to justifying the expense though.

RS22

Established Member
Hell yeah, that's the spirit! lol

Are you going to get the stainless or aluminized ones? It's almost twice as much for the stainless mufflers, but I think it's worth it.

I was going to get the stainless but I cheaped out on the aluminized considering I have many things I'm going to buy in the near future for the car.

DT_C03RA

Established Member
I totally understand. For the price of one stainless you almost get the two aluminized. I figure it really won't matter. The exhaust will live a long time, especially for you in Cali.

DT_C03RA

Established Member
The aluminized are $59.50 a piece on Mac's site. You got the SS for $91 shipped? They're advertised on Mac's site for $94.50 each. I figured with shipping they'd be like $110 a piece or so.

Last edited:

Emwun Garand

Established Member
The aluminized are $59.50 a piece on Mac's site. You got the SS for $91 shipped? They're advertised on Mac's site for $94.50 each. I figured with shipping they'd be like $110 a piece or so.

They didn't even have the right ones on the website when I called to order. The guy I spoke to told me the ones on the site weren't correct for the Cobra and gave me the right part# and whatnot.

RS22

Established Member
LOL well shit I ordered through the site without dealing with anyone over the phone. I bought the ones for the 03/04 cobra with IRS same side offset. They better have sent me the right mufflers or I'm going to be pissed.

RS22

Established Member
Well fail by Mac they sent me 3" mufflers when I paid for 2.5" ones to hook up to my 2.5" catback.

Now debating keeping them and going 3" catback or sticking with 2.5" and sending them back to get the right mufflers.

RS22

Established Member
Thought about that too. it's a possibility I guess but I wanted some uniformity to size of my exhaust from the mid-pipe back.

DT_C03RA

Established Member
Contact them and see what they'll do. Just really sucks when you get the wrong stuff and have to wait for shipping all over again.

RS22

Established Member
Ya I'm shipping them back. They are emailing me UPS labels and asking me to tape up the boxes and ship them back. Good thing the UPS office is like a mile away but still a pain in the ass.

Bearden86

Established Member
let us know im intrested in doing the same to mine, I ahve magnaflow now and it is extremely poppy about 2500 rpms

Users who are viewing this thread