Mac shorty pro chamber and BBK longtubes

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Does anyone have this setup? I just talked to MAC and the guy said that I can not have a MAC prochamber with my BBK headers.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I don't see how it would be possible to use a X pipe/H pipe/Prochamber from a vehicle that had shorty headers or stock manifolds, with longtubes. Chances are if you want to run a Mac prochamber (the long tube design) you will have to use Mac LT headers.

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Mac has a shorty mid pipe that is used with long tubes. I think you are assuming I was talking about a normal length pro chamber. Is that correct?. That would be impossible unless you had a torch, which I do not.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Mac has a shorty mid pipe that is used with long tubes. I think you are assuming I was talking about a normal length pro chamber. Is that correct?. That would be impossible unless you had a torch, which I do not.

Yes, that's what I thought you were talking about lol, my bad.

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
No problem bud I should have been more specific. Pretty much everything I am reading says a pro chamber will only fit mac headers with out doing any modifications. I really dot feel like messing with any of that to be honest.

Now I just need to decide weather I want to stick with the trusty bbk o/r H or switch to an o/r X. Back to the exhaust compilation thread!

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Now I just need to decide weather I want to stick with the trusty bbk o/r H or switch to an o/r X. Back to the exhaust compilation thread!

Yeah it sucks, a lot of exhaust components are like that. I've only heard a H pipe on a 4v car once, and do NOT like the sound at all. It was a o/r H pipe with a Bassani catback.

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Yeah it sucks, a lot of exhaust components are like that. I've only heard a H pipe on a 4v car once, and do NOT like the sound at all. It was a o/r H pipe with a Bassani catback.

Im getting ready to go with the Clampett fix for right now until my new mid pipe gets here. Went to lowes and bought some 3" dia circular aluminum open tubing and 3" aluminum clamps. I'm hoping that I can get this damn thing to quite down while im waiting.

I wonder what difference it will make in the sound with out any crossover?

Users who are viewing this thread