Mac vs. Flowmaster

97cobraheaven

Established Member
Here is some full bassani (shortys) dumped. This thing was loud as hell!

Immortal, my 97 had longtubes, H-pipe, and flows dumped and it sounded like sex to me!

[ame=http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/geor9731/?action=view&current=MVI_0019.flv]
th_MVI_0019.jpg
[/ame]

[ame=http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/geor9731/?action=view&current=MVI_0018.flv]
th_MVI_0018.jpg
[/ame]

[ame=http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/geor9731/?action=view&current=MVI_0016.flv]
th_MVI_0016.jpg
[/ame]

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I was in the same position as you. My car came with a flowmaster American thunder catback i added a mac o/r h-pipe and it sounded great. Eventually i got use to the sound and wanted something a bit different so i ordered the mac catback. I had the mac catback on for about 1/2 a day until i took it off and bolted the flowmaster catback back on. The macs were definitely louder but had no tone and to me sounded like garbage paired up with the h-pipe. I am now running flowmaster original 40 series classic mufflers and they gave me the sound i wanted which was loudest/best sounding 2 chamber muffler they make. Having a loud car with a great exhaust note is hard to find these days. Everyone just wants a loud car. For me the flowmasters sound better then the macs when paired up with their h-pipe.

Last edited:

Immortal LuD

Established Member
I was in the same position as you. My car came with a flowmaster American thunder catback i added a mac o/r h-pipe and it sounded great. Eventually i got use to the sound and wanted something a bit different so i ordered the mac catback. I had the mac catback on for about 1/2 a day until i took it off and bolted the flowmaster catback back on. The macs were definitely louder but had no tone and to me sounded like garbage paired up with the h-pipe. I am now running flowmaster original 40 series classic mufflers and they gave me the sound i wanted which was loudest/best sounding 2 chamber muffler they make. Having a loud car with a great exhaust note is hard to find these days. Everyone just wants a loud car. For me the flowmasters sound better then the macs when paired up with their h-pipe.

EXACTLY what I was looking for... I couldn't believe that the Mac combination doesn't sound as good as the Flowturds. It's the first time on a pushrod / modular that I've taken the Mac off! :)

97cobraheaven, that car does sound like sex. My friend has a '96 GT with some uknown brand x-pipe and dumps, and it sounds VERY similar to that... Which is odd. :) I love it though!

I'm loving my setup the way it is... It has uniqueness to it!

Now it's just time to decide wether or not to pick up a ProChager D1SC that's for sale near me... Whole kit is within' my budget, but there are TWO inline BOV's on it... *sigh* I got Justin at VMP Tuning down here ready to hook me up with a MAF and tune.

909cobra

Established Member
EXACTLY what I was looking for... I couldn't believe that the Mac combination doesn't sound as good as the Flowturds. It's the first time on a pushrod / modular that I've taken the Mac off! :)

97cobraheaven, that car does sound like sex. My friend has a '96 GT with some uknown brand x-pipe and dumps, and it sounds VERY similar to that... Which is odd. :) I love it though!

I'm loving my setup the way it is... It has uniqueness to it!

Now it's just time to decide wether or not to pick up a ProChager D1SC that's for sale near me... Whole kit is within' my budget, but there are TWO inline BOV's on it... *sigh* I got Justin at VMP Tuning down here ready to hook me up with a MAF and tune.

justin at vmp rocks:rockon:

96snake719

Established Member
My car came with a mac o/r h and american thunder cat back when I bought it. Got old real quick! so I went and bought a upr o/r x and a mac catback, turns out they sent me the wrong x pipe so I went ahead and threw the macs up with the H, and all I can say is damn!!!!!!!! to each his own I guess but I think it sounds soooo much better than the flows by far!! I liked the sound with the H pipe so much I sent the x back and didnt order another one lol

mystical

Established Member
My car came with a mac o/r h and american thunder cat back when I bought it. Got old real quick! so I went and bought a upr o/r x and a mac catback, turns out they sent me the wrong x pipe so I went ahead and threw the macs up with the H, and all I can say is damn!!!!!!!! to each his own I guess but I think it sounds soooo much better than the flows by far!! I liked the sound with the H pipe so much I sent the x back and didnt order another one lol

Any soundclips?

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Macs sound the best. But I'd get an x pipe... seriously! I wish I could get some sound clips, but I don't have a good enough camara.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i have a bbk off road x with mac mufflers. it sounds reallygood but really loud now. i liked mine better when i had the offroad h installed.

Users who are viewing this thread