MACA Drag Day @ Mason Dixon - CANCELLED!!!!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
The Northern Virginia Mustang Club has once again offered us the opportunity to participate in their Mason Dixon track rental on Sunday, August 26th from 8:00 am to 12 noon. Here's the specific information, straight from the NVMC's website:

http://www.northernvirginiamustangclub.com/

This is the MACA's official Mason Dixon Drag Day for 2007 and is a great chance to get some runs in earlier in the day when the weather's cooler, on MD's recently remodeled track. Last year we had 15 MACA Cobras participate in this event and would be great if we could get 20+ this year. There is generally 40-50 cars involved in these rentals and you can pretty much get in as many runs as you like. We'll hit a local spot in Frederick for some lunch immediately after the Drag Day.

Attendees:
1) IronTerp
2) amstaffbair
3) 98mdsnake
4) Hissssnsvt
5) Almo
6) sunburned - ?
7) Snakesvt04
8) heytonyman
9) 1fastredcobra
10) solidsnak3
11) Venimus03
12) MYSTIC MAMA
13) JRS BLOWN SNAKE
14) ta2d1 - ?
15) 04yellowcobra
16) gcassidy - spectate ?
17) bigdave03svt
18) ELECTPRR
19) Rick James - ?
20) hook982

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
Thanks Dwight... was planning on sending you a PM and typing a reminder this week.

I think we will have a good crowd for this one.

Almo

Established Member
I ran an 11.17 my first pass last time I was there and before I had a roll cage and they came up and told me I needed to slow down or I wouldn't be allowed to run.

Prior, I have seen people run quicker for their safety gear and them not say anything but soon as I ran one time they let me know. This was ok with me though because I knew I needed a roll cage and running a little quicker then what I was suppose to be. I then did a bunch of 1/8 runs working on my 60s' and then let them know I was going all out on what would have been my last run. They surprisingly were ok with it.

Cheers,
Allen

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'm pretty sure I'll be returning from the beach that day, but if I happen to come back saturday, I'd love to join in. I'll let you know the final verdict as the date comes closer. I tried borrowing ET streets from Jason, but he said they wouldn't fit on an IRS, so Carlos said I could borrow his old DR's sometime. Shootin' for 12's!

Almo

Established Member
Gents, if you plan on going and it isn't too much trouble... Pre registrations are preferred for this event. You can send a $52.00 Pay Pal payment to [email protected] to reserve your spot on the roster.

This way we can make sure we have the numbers in stone making sure the event is a go.

See you there!

Allen

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
sunburned said:
I'm pretty sure I'll be returning from the beach that day, but if I happen to come back saturday, I'd love to join in. I'll let you know the final verdict as the date comes closer. I tried borrowing ET streets from Jason, but he said they wouldn't fit on an IRS, so Carlos said I could borrow his old DR's sometime. Shootin' for 12's!
ya no problem, just let me know if your goona make it.

heytonyman

build-break-repeat
Established Member
Pencil me in Dwight! I'm back in action but trying to not jynx myself like last time. It'll be pump gas and DR's this trip. If everything goes smoothly I'll do slicks/23psi/race gas next time so they can kick me out :)

Tony

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
Good stuff... this should be a great turn out.

Charlie Booze will be running with us and it is probably safe to say his friends/gang will have a few other quick cars there running with us as well. :banana:

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
Almo said:
Good stuff... this should be a great turn out.

Charlie Booze will be running with us and it is probably safe to say his friends/gang will have a few other quick cars there running with us as well. :banana:
thats should be good, seeing his car going down the track is bad ass, wheelie!

Almo

Established Member
Yes it is... we might have another VIP showing up to run as well. :rockon:

yeahbuddy.jpg

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I've done some kind of car event every weekend for the last 5 weekends, and have the show next weekend.

IF my wife lets me out of mowing the grass for a seventh weekend, how much is it to come along and watch?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
gcassidy said:
I've done some kind of car event every weekend for the last 5 weekends, and have the show next weekend.

IF my wife lets me out of mowing the grass for a seventh weekend, how much is it to come along and watch?
Greg it's $10 to spectate or you can just cruise up with us and jump in someone's passenger seat at the track. Each racer get's one pit crew member for free.

And fellas, if at all possible, pre-pay for this one......The NVMC had to cancel last month becasue they couldn't get enough to sign up and the MACA should hopefully be able to take care of this issue this month! ANd you'll save $10 as well.....$62 at the gate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread