MACA Drag Day @ Mason Dixon - CANCELLED!!!!

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Almo said:
Thanks Dwight! Sorry guys!

I think something will be said because there is no way the track will not be dry or very close to it by 8AM.

Again, sorry guys!

Have you heard anything about refunds for those of us that pre-paid?

Almo

Established Member
Yes... people that would like refunds have to email Ceece. I'll post a good email address soon as I get it. Pretty sure it is the same at his paypal address but will make sure.

I am a little upset myself and I am thinking twice now about trying to run a 10 second pass there and given them credit after it seems, they don't care to go out of their way for us. I know I will probably get hit for this but you know... seeing a few of you posting not to mention a few that lives in the area that was there that morning saying with a little work it would have been dry.

I can't beat the messenger up but he was also told about it being muddy and they didn't care to have crap tracked everywhere... I point this out because I recall just a while back the owner passing that they will do everything they can to dry the track but it will be muddy so everyone has to find a piece of asphalt or blacktop so mud will not be tracked everywhere. Talking about inconsistencies... oh well the better half of me says I'll not go out of my way to give the track credit in my situation because again, they could care less it seems.

If it was me, I would toss them the revenue they're creating over a 10 hear period. $180K to $190K just off the NVMC... looking at it this way, that is quite a bit of money and lots of renovations for them to bet against.

Off my box!

Cheers,
Allen

Last edited:

bigdave03svt

Established Member
MYSTIC MAMA said:
Well, JR and I just got back from Mason Dixon. We wanted to see what was going on today and how the track looked. There was hardly anyone there. They were having Mandra and the RAM series plus test and tune. It was beautiful out and things were dry. We are sure this event could have gone on if Mason Dixon had really wanted it to happen.

The best part of the day was a chrome illusion painted 03 cobra that did a mammoth wheelie and hung it on the bumper. It had a small block pushrod motor on it with full race trim. It did the wheelie on a 28X10.00X15 MT slicks. It really caught me off guard....... I smiled all the way home!:thumbsup:

its actually an 01 bullet and its Teddy Weavers car
here is the vid of that run
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ab29f6b9-d0c6-48f3-b09c-99970183ead9.htm

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
I saw that it didn't have a deck lid spoiler but it did have 03/04 bumpers. Thanks for the vid, I am smiling again!:beer:

98mdsnake

Established Member
Almo said:
I agree... a little work on their part and the track could have been good to go.

The way I am hearing it... working with the track for an hour... starting at 7AM and it would have been ready by 8 to 8:30. Oh well... guess we are considered bottom of the pole.

Keep in mind its Mason Dixon we're dealing with here. Its a track where when someone leaks something on it they pull out the shop rag from thier back pocket and wipe it up then motion the next person to come on through. Not exactly up there with Budds Creek level of track maintanance.

Users who are viewing this thread