MACA Drag Day @ Mason Dixon - CANCELLED!!!!

Almo

Established Member
Thanks Dwight! Sorry guys!

I think something will be said because there is no way the track will not be dry or very close to it by 8AM.

Again, sorry guys!

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Allen just called and the Drag Day is CANCELLED for today......standing water on the track after some pretty serious rain during the night. Go back to bed......

I've been up since 2am(slept most of the day yesterday).....it hasnt rained since I got up...

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
Dammit! All that work in the 100 degree weather yesterday for nothing! :cuss: Guess I am going to have to wait to try out my new mods until next time. :bash:

Almo

Established Member
I agree... a little work on their part and the track could have been good to go.

The way I am hearing it... working with the track for an hour... starting at 7AM and it would have been ready by 8 to 8:30. Oh well... guess we are considered bottom of the pole.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
:shrug: well i went all the way up there and realized it was canceled, track looked like it was dry, i think they just didnt want to prep the track so early in morning.oh well maybe next time

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Sounds a little off from their normal policy, but have heard that Mason Dixon did allow some of the crew to run this morning.

These rainouts for the past two years have been frustrating.....Three times I've been all ready to go now, only to have cancellation. But, I don't think the Mason Dixon folks WANT to cancel them. Heck, why would they have agreed to have them in the first place if they really didn't want them. And there probably would of been 50 cars running this morning and at an average gate fee of $55 would have grossed $2,750 and netted probably $2,000 to the owner. Not a bad little profit for a 4 hour gig........

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
man that sucks. Hopefully the next one wont get cancelled as I would really like to make it. I am thinking about going to cecil on saturday to try out the new mods. Anyone want to come?

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
JRS BLOWN SNAKE said:
Just got Mystic Mama some new goodies. BBK chrome Long Tube Headers and BBK off road X pipe. It sounds AWESOME and she feels the difference and LOVES it. Her lower intake is ported and it really draws the air, now the Long tubes really let it breathe. Hopefully the rental is still on. I just picked up the race gas.

MYSTIC MAMA 9.99 @ 138 .......... FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did it cost to get the lower intake ported? Was it alot of work to get it in and out?

Almo

Established Member
IronTerp said:
Sounds a little off from their normal policy, but have heard that Mason Dixon did allow some of the crew to run this morning.

These rainouts for the past two years have been frustrating.....Three times I've been all ready to go now, only to have cancellation. But, I don't think the Mason Dixon folks WANT to cancel them. Heck, why would they have agreed to have them in the first place if they really didn't want them. And there probably would of been 50 cars running this morning and at an average gate fee of $55 would have grossed $2,750 and netted probably $2,000 to the owner. Not a bad little profit for a 4 hour gig........

Wow... so they allowed people to run between 8AM to 12 Noon?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Almo said:
Wow... so they allowed people to run between 8AM to 12 Noon?
Allen, according to this on the NVMC site, posted about 10:30am this morning:

My son just called me--he hung around the track instead of heading home with me--and said they're "starting to run Mustangs" and wanted to know if I would come back. It's not worth another hour's drive to me, but it looks like some folks are getting some track time in today.

Ah well...

John

hook982

Suicide Blonde...
Established Member
I got there at around 8:10 and the track looked pretty dry to me. Oh well, maybe next time.

Venimus03

Established Member
Man, too bad this event was cancelled....I have been bored as hell all day, lol.

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
Well, JR and I just got back from Mason Dixon. We wanted to see what was going on today and how the track looked. There was hardly anyone there. They were having Mandra and the RAM series plus test and tune. It was beautiful out and things were dry. We are sure this event could have gone on if Mason Dixon had really wanted it to happen.

The best part of the day was a chrome illusion painted 03 cobra that did a mammoth wheelie and hung it on the bumper. It had a small block pushrod motor on it with full race trim. It did the wheelie on a 28X10.00X15 MT slicks. It really caught me off guard....... I smiled all the way home!:thumbsup:

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
NOXCUSES said:
What did it cost to get the lower intake ported? Was it alot of work to get it in and out?

That was already done when I bought the car.

All you have to do it pull the blower off and unbolt the lower intake and then send it out to get it ported, said JR! lol :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread