MACA vs EFA shootout, June 23rd.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
gcassidy said:
Dale, if you ever think you might take this more seriously, or plan on going to a road course, don't get a motorcycle helmet! I don't know about drag racing rules, because a lot of stuff tends to slide there. But when I tech for an SVTOA On Track event (or attend any other open track events), it must be a Snell SA 2000, 2005, etc. NO motorcycle helmet is safe in an automobile because they are not fire rated (little chance of being trapped in a fire during a bike crash), and the impact ratings are different. Motorcycle helmets are rated for one hard impact, unlike the multiple impact rating an SA lid has for rollovers.
Obviously a bike helmet is better than none, but if you're going to buy one to use in a car, get an SA.

Thanks Greg, that is exactly the information I was looking for. I was never sure what ratings the helmets needed to be. I definitely want to pursue more competitive racing one of these days so I'll have to search the net for a good melon protector.

Azure, guess I might need to borrow that old helmet from you after all.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Can anyone recommend a good "SA" helmet to get that is reasonable priced, and where to purchase??? Mine is a royal PIA and I need to upgrade.......

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
So is there anyone I can pit next to with a Generator? I am bringing some fans but it will be a real pain trying to get my Generator in the Expy with all the other crap I'm taking.

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
IronTerp said:
Can anyone recommend a good "SA" helmet to get that is reasonable priced, and where to purchase??? Mine is a royal PIA and I need to upgrade.......

We get our junk from saferacer too.:coolman:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
IronTerp said:

Dwight, this is the helmet I plan on getting. If I'd have known about the SA rating a day or two ago, I would have ordered this and had it here by Saturday :bash: Too bad nobody makes cool looking auto helmets for a decent price.

http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/PROD/autozamp/zampfsa1

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
2bscrewed said:
So is there anyone I can pit next to with a Generator? I am bringing some fans but it will be a real pain trying to get my Generator in the Expy with all the other crap I'm taking.
i think MIR have outlets on there lamp post, if i'm not mistaken

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
They usually don't turn the power on unless your a vendor and pay for the spot, so don't get your hopes up. I got Royce to do it once, but I've known them guys for quite awhile.

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
I got to work fellas. I would have liked to make it down with the race car to do some testing but you guys will be gone by the time I'd get down there. Eric is still sponsered by us but he is still working out some bugs in his tune up.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
2bscrewed said:

I could throw a small Generator in the back of the truck. Never really though about doing that, but I guess it's easy enough..

Anyone have a compressor?? I don't know if MIR has one.. never been there.. Guess that means I'm gonna need some help getting around and what not..:beer:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
Bracket Class
Unlimited Class
10.50 index
11.50 index
12.50 index
13.50 index

The only possible change at this point would be the loss of the 10.50 index. The last two events had almost nobody running in the 10.50 class. Pretty much everyone was in the 11.50-12.50 classes and the bracket. If you are interested in running this class, speak up.

Mike with 8 signed up for the 10.50 class I assume it will be staying? A lot changes in a year isn't it...lol

Also could you please remove Mikey Lightning from the list. As the following post says "Mikey Lightning is a scammer"

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389471

Everyone also watch out for another professional scammer - Leo Georgallis

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f17/anyone-know-leo-georgallis-slowoh3cobra-86780.html

Last edited:

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Antex said:
Mike with 8 signed up for the 10.50 class I assume it will be staying? A lot changes in a year doesn't it...lol

Also could you please remove Mikey Lightning from the list. As the following post says "Mikey Lightning is a scammer"

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389471

Everyone also watch out for another professional scammer - Leo Georgallis

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f17/anyone-know-leo-georgallis-slowoh3cobra-86780.html

edit: well damn...

Last edited:

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
Can someone really confirm that they can help a brotha out and let me bum a large helmet tomorrow? Or, if someone has a dome they want to sell, let me know? It would appear that muliple people are in need of bumming a skid lid tomorrow and would like to know if someone will be able to help me out.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
FHATTCATT said:
Can someone really confirm that they can help a brotha out and let me bum a large helmet tomorrow? Or, if someone has a dome they want to sell, let me know? It would appear that muliple people are in need of bumming a skid lid tomorrow and would like to know if someone will be able to help me out.

Gotcha covered....

Users who are viewing this thread